Re: sorting mails by date

Андрей Ловецкий

Aug 13, 2012, 12:29:52 AM8/13/12
to hwkr...@googlemail.com, mail...@googlegroups.com

Hi,
They are already, by date, descending.
There is no way to change the sorting.

--
Sent from my Android 2.3.3 Samsung i9000 GalaxyS device by Maildroid 2.57, EWS to Exchange 2007 sp3

Feb 21, 2013, 2:54:21 PM2/21/13
to mail...@googlegroups.com, gi...@giwe.at, Joe (MailDroid developer), hwkr...@googlemail.com

Hello,
The same problem with EWS access. Joe, please, fix this.

--
Andrew K. Lovetski

Feb 21, 2013, 8:51:04 PM2/21/13
to Андрей Ловецкий, mail...@googlegroups.com, gi...@giwe.at, hwkr...@googlemail.com
You can technically do this, but first you must set the folder offline by long-press the folder and clicking the folder options -> set offline and then sort it by date

The reason is that  IMAP has no sort command in protocol and I can't ask the server to return messages sorted by 'x' It can only return it in the internal server order. However, when made offline, MD will download the emails and treat them like we treat the normal inbox which is sorted. On an actual website email (gmail.com for example), they actually have it offline as well and have the webserver speak to the database server which speaks to the IMAP server and they sort it. There is a proposed extension called SORT in the RFC extension pages (http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5256.txt), but it is not standard yet and not on many servers at all.
--
Regards,
-Joe

Please check the maildroid forum: http://bit.ly/ibpavB for answers to most common questions!

MailDroidDev

Jun 29, 2015, 9:48:05 AM6/29/15
to Dale Rebgetz, mail...@googlegroups.com, hwkr...@googlemail.com, Werner Girrer
Hi Dale,

When we build MailDroid we built it as a mobile based app. This means we allow users to decide how much data they want to sync. What is stored on the mail server is an un-ordered list of emails. When you get the emails, the other mail clients will download and save those emails and then sort them for you, this uses a bit more data. You can also do this in MailDroid, but you need to manually do it by clicking the context menu next to the folder, folder options, set offline.

On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 11:53 PM, Dale Rebgetz <dreb...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
I like this program (I have bought the Pro version) but I have just become aware of the sorting issue - it explains why on a number of occasions I wasn't able to find emails (manual search) when I was sure they were there. I checked a couple of other email apps I have installed; neither has this sorting problem with IMAP folders. Please fix this.
Regards,
Dale.