Webhook error handle or monitor

Leonardo Silvestri

Feb 21, 2014, 7:25:15 AM2/21/14
to mailchimp-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have set a list webhook and it is working ok.

What I did was to listen for sent Campaigns and during the development/test of my service I got some errors and see that Mailchimp tries to execute my service several times (I think about 5 times).
If at production I have an error (because my service fail for some situation), how can I get notified from Mailchimp that couldn't execute my service? is this feature available? or a way in the api to check for webhook call errors.

Thanks for any help you can provide me.
Leo

Colt

Feb 21, 2014, 1:29:45 PM2/21/14
to mailchimp-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Leo,

When it comes to our webhooks in MailChimp all of our documentation regarding them is located here: http://apidocs.mailchimp.com/webhooks/

If you'd like to check out a bit more what requests are being made though, or what information is being passed to your own server you can try logging all of that information temporarily, or use something like http://requestb.in which can display the data being passed.

With webhooks all the information that is available will be within that documentation. If there is a problem with the service/server that the information is being passed to, you'd want to keep any error logs within the server itself as MailChimp would not contain that information regarding webhooks.