(250) List_MergeFieldRequired error

Tobias Johansson

Feb 26, 2014, 2:47:53 AM2/26/14
to mailchimp-...@googlegroups.com

{
    "apikey": "xxxx",
    "id": "xxxx",
    "email": {
        "email": "som...@gmail.com"
    },
    "merge_vars": {
        "FNAME": "SFDFSD",
        "LNAME": "SDFSDF",
        "PCODE": "21321321",
        "ORGAPT‎‎": "Aberdeen"
    },
    "email_type": "html",
    "double_optin": false,
    "update_existing": false,
    "replace_interests": true,
    "send_welcome": false
}

This is the response from the API:
{
    "status": "error",
    "code": 250,
    "name": "List_MergeFieldRequired",
    "error": "ORGAPT must be provided - Please enter a value"
}

So, ORGAPT is a "dropdown" merge var, with a bunch of cities in it, Aberdeen being one of them, and it's set to Required.

Can someone please tell me what is wrong with my request?

MailChimp Support

Feb 26, 2014, 6:09:16 AM2/26/14
to mailchimp-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tobias,

In order to be able to evaluate where this error may be coming from, we will need to look at the account itself.  If you wouldn't mind sharing your username or the domain of the contact email associated with the account we will be happy to investigate.

-Tyler

Tobias Johansson

Feb 26, 2014, 6:30:33 AM2/26/14
to mailchimp-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tyler,

Actually I figured out what was wrong, the "ORGAPT" param had a strange char so it was actually like this: "ORGAPT??", fixed that and it works now :)

Thanks