iOS Integration

Ernani Rocha

Feb 19, 2014, 10:00:42 AM2/19/14
to mailchimp-...@googlegroups.com
Hello mailchimp Devs :)

My name is Ernani and I'm a Brazilian entrepreneur. I would love to use your email marketing service but in a different way. We want to integrate your service with our iOS app. Let me breakdown for you. Im building an app (Marketplace) like airbnb, etsy, Vinted  where people can sell their stuff to others. I want enable each user to send a e-mail marketing but without leaving the app.

Thats the tricky part. I want to enable them to use your service inside my app. Is there a way we can do that?

My main doubts.

1 - We want to enable them to create a account with you guys. Knowing beforehand that it will be very expensive to group and deal with all our users accounts in a "super account" like way ;)

2 - Has anyone done something like that yet?

3 - If you guys don't have something like that, is there a possibility that we can MAKE IT together?

Thanks for you time.

Colt

Feb 19, 2014, 10:29:49 AM2/19/14
to mailchimp-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Ernani,

When it comes to the MailChimp application we allow all users to create a free account that supports up to 2,000 subscribers and 12,000 emails per month this can allow your users to create and test drive their own free accounts.

You can sign up for a free account at www.mailchimp.com using our sign up link in the top right hand corner.

If you'd like to get started with our API though, all of our documentation is going to be available http://apidocs.mailchimp.com/

There is an iOS wrapper available called ChimpKit, and it could help get you going in the right direction: https://github.com/mailchimp/chimpkit2

Ernani Rocha

Feb 19, 2014, 10:34:38 AM2/19/14
to mailchimp-...@googlegroups.com, cca...@rsglab.com
Hey Colt,

Thanks for the quick answer. Is there anyone that can give me a hand with the iOS wrapper?

Thanks

Ernani
Rocha

Colt

Feb 19, 2014, 10:54:16 AM2/19/14
to mailchimp-...@googlegroups.com, cca...@rsglab.com
If you're looking for some assistance regarding implementing ChimpKit into your project we do have a directory of MailChimp experts that may be worth checking out, these are experts on designing and coding regarding the MailChimp application and they can be found at experts.mailchimp.com

If you are looking for examples though there should be one on the readme page for that github I linked, as well as some other questions scattered around this Google Group that can help get you going in the right direction (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/mailchimp-api-discuss/chimpkit)