API v.1.2.5 and PHP MCAPI v1.2.5 docs released. Several new methods and more login() deprecation

jesse

Feb 15, 2010, 11:41:06 AM2/15/10
to MailChimp API Announce
Today the documentation for several new and updated methods that make
up the MailChimp API v.1.2.5 is being released. The highlights are:

* new: v1.2: add ecommAddOrder() to allow sending order data that
isn't linked to a campaign
* new: v1.2: add listsForEmail() to make checking an email address
across an entire account easier
* new: v1.2: add campaignEepUrlStats() method to expose the twitter/
eepurl stats collected for a campaign
* new: v1.2: add campaignGeoOpens() and campaignGeoOpensForCountry()
to enable pulling geo-opens data for campaigns
* new: v1.2: add chimpChatter() helper method
* mod: v1.2: add "list_rating" and "since last send" counts to lists()
for subscribes, unsubscribes, and cleaned counts
* mod: v1.2: include detailed rewards data in getAccountDetails()

As always, that is also list in the changelog:
http://www.mailchimp.com/api/changelog.php

v1.2.5 of the PHP MCAPI Wrapper is also now available. In addition to
adding support for the new method, we've also officially removed the
login() method from our API Wrappers and example code. Be aware of
that if you are going to upgrade to gain access to these new methods
and are still using it.

We encourage anyone else currently using login() in integrations or
other applications/plugins (regardless of language) to pull support
for it. This info may be helpful for those wanting to do that:
http://www.mailchimp.com/api/faq/#faq5