API v2 Updates and Additions

jesse

Oct 17, 2013, 7:22:55 AM10/17/13
to mailchimp-a...@googlegroups.com
Now that this week's release is out, there are several API related updates that are fully available.

Segments:
In the 8.6 release a feature was introduced which allowed saving your match type + conditions when segmenting. To be clear, that's all that happens - nothing "auto-updates" behind the scenes as it is described, the match+conditions are simply applied when you use them. Those are available for use with campaigns as well as browsing lists and the such. Now that API fully supports them, we've rolled managing them and your Static Segments into a few new methods:

* lists/segments() - list them all
* lists/segment-add() - add a saved or static segment
* lists/segment-del() - delete a saved or static segment
* lists/segment-test() - test (get a count) for a static segment - this will ultimately replace campaigns/segment-test()
* lists/segment-update() - change the name of a segment, also the match+conditions for saved segments
* additionally, places that allowed passing your match+conditions will also allow passing a saved segment_id

Minutea:
* users/profile() method was added that gives some basic info about the login attached to the API Key in use.
* users/logins() also returns avatar urls

Old Minutea
These are things we never talked, though may have been noticed if watching the support group.

* While it's been around for a while, we never mentioned the addition of gallery/list() which gives you access to an account's hosted images and files. No, you can't upload files.
* helper/chimp-chatter() was updated a while back to more reliably include ids and urls for linking to things in the app.
* helper/account-details() returns the industry as well as any integrations available for use in campaigns (ie, posting to twitter)
* lists/list() will always return stats now (take these with a grain of salt until your list is a few months old)
* the standard Campaign and Member data used all over the place continues to be built out with niceties - see campaigns/list() and lists/member-info() for those rather large data structures.

Also, a number of fixes/improvements have been made in browsing the documentation such as more proper/consistent linking between methods when referencing them in descriptions.

Finally, all of our official client wrappers have been updated to support all of these updates/changes.