MCAPI v1.3.0 PHP wrapper available, now also available in "mini" form

jesse

Nov 19, 2010, 3:04:25 PM11/19/10
to MailChimp API Announce
Though we didn't explicitly mention it, as usual we released an
updated version of the MCAPI PHP wrapper along side v1.3 of the API.
Nothing too new there.

This announcement, however, is for those folks who feel that it is
"too heavy" to include in a project when they just need one or two
methods. If I had to guess, I'd say that 1/2 use the wrapper anyway,
1/4 go with the serialized version (or xml-rpc, which is odd) and have
no problems, and the final 1/4 use the serialized version but are
confused about submitting parameters.

So, after seeing the ingenuity used with the new Gibbon Ruby wrapper,
we realized it was cake to make the PHP wrapper work the same way. The
end result is the exact same functionality - though all of the PHPdocs
have been removed (but hey, they're online!) - and a reduction from
~138k for the full MCAPI 1.3 wrapper to 4k for the MCAPI mini 1.3
wrapper.

One final note - PHP4 support has been dropped starting with MCAPI
v1.3 . That doesn't mean it won't work, it just means we aren't going
to think about PHP4 or specifically make sure the wrapper works with
it. If that worries you, keep in mind that PHP4 was end-of-lifed
2007-12-31 and critical security fixes were stopped 2008-08-08. In
other words, you should probably be more worried about upgrading to
PHP5.

jesse