systemctl report error

Jose Manuel Albarrán

Jul 10, 2022, 7:34:36 AM7/10/22
to MailArchiva
Hi,

I have been suffering this problem from version 6, but today I have done a fresh install in Ubuntu 22.04 LTS, and again

When I check with systemctl status mailarchiva.service, it reports failed start (but it's up and running)

Jose Manuel Albarrán

Jul 14, 2022, 2:27:28 PM7/14/22
to MailArchiva
Hi,
I have solved my own error.
I edited the service file and added the PIDFile

sudo nano/etc/systemv/system/mailarchiva.service

[Unit]

Description=MailArchiva

After=network.target

RequiresMountsFor=/var/opt/mailarchiva /opt/mailarchiva /var/log/mailarchiva

[Service]

Environment="JAVA_OPTS=-Djava.awt.headless=true"

# Lifecycle

Type=forking

WorkingDirectory=/opt/mailarchiva/server/

PIDFile=/opt/mailarchiva/mailarchiva.pid

ExecStart=/bin/sh /opt/mailarchiva/server/startserver

ExecStop=/bin/sh /opt/mailarchiva/server/stopserver

SuccessExitStatus=143

TimeoutStopSec=30

Environment=RACK_ENV=production

OOMScoreAdjust=-800

# Logging

SyslogIdentifier=mailarchiva

# Security

User=root

ReadWritePaths=/var/opt/mailarchiva/

ReadWritePaths=/opt/mailarchiva/

ReadWritePaths=/var/log/mailarchiva/

[Install]

WantedBy=multi-user.target

jamie

Jul 15, 2022, 5:00:24 AM7/15/22
to MailArchiva
Thanks for the hint. It will be added to the distribution in the next release.