Web console is running over an insecure port. Please enable http/s security

Arsalan Ahmed

Jun 2, 2022, 8:46:06 PM6/2/22
to MailArchiva
Hi Team,

I'm unable to configure anything in MailArchiva, getting a security alert. To counter this I've generated a trial SSL but cannot install it. Can someone please help me out to install it?

Jamie

Jun 22, 2022, 4:56:14 AM6/22/22
to MailArchiva
We removed this message from the console. It is possible to install a free certificate as per http://help.mailarchiva.com/enterprise-certificates$freecert. It does require that you switch MailArchiva to run on port 80, then port forward 80 from an external IP on your firewall to MailArchiva. Then, create an outside DNS entry that refers to this IP address. Let's encrypt will retrieve and install a certificate automatically. Then you can switch Tomcat to use port 443. If this sounds all too complex, you could front Mailarchiva with Nginx or Apache (see: http://help.mailarchiva.com/nginx). Failing that, I suggest you consider using the MailArchiva Cloud service as this has everything setup.