Rollover and creating new volumes

Billy Bitzer

Feb 15, 2022, 12:12:52 PM2/15/22
to MailArchiva
Another question....

I'm experimenting with bulk loading emails and the rollover of volumes.

I've created a new volume and specified a maximum size of 256Mb. The box is ticked to create a new volume automatically when full.

But it doesn't do it. It just adds emails to the same volume without creating a new one. My last tests added over1Gb of emails and they all went to the same volume.

Is there anything else that needs to be done for the rollover to work? I've tried different names for the volumes and different locations (both the default and a custom one).

I can't see what else I can configure. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks
Phil

jamie

Feb 15, 2022, 12:18:33 PM2/15/22
to MailArchiva
Rollover based on size relies on expensive disk space checks. Due to their costly nature, these checks are disabled by default. Rollover based on date will work.

jamie

Feb 15, 2022, 12:19:23 PM2/15/22
to MailArchiva
To clarify, to obtain the size of a volume, one must step through each file and add up the file sizes. This is very time consuming and I/O intensive.

Billy Bitzer

Feb 16, 2022, 6:07:48 AM2/16/22
to MailArchiva
Jamie,

Thanks for that. Out of interest is there a way to enable it if desired?

Thanks
Phil