MailArchiva V8.0.x (not V7/8.1/8.2/8.3!) Discontinued

jamie

Nov 1, 2021, 4:03:12 AM11/1/21
to MailArchiva
MailArchiva Version 8.0.x (not earlier or later versions!) is now discontinued. if still running MailArchiva V8.0.x (not V8.1 or higher, and not V7 or lower!), it is necessary to upgrade the server to MailArchiva On-Premise V8.3.7+.  For installations with less than 10 mailboxes, there is no need to obtain a license file. In environments with ten mailboxes or more, it is necessary obtain an updated license file from https://stimulussoft.com. If unable to login into the portal, click the "Forgot password" link to reset to your password. Technical notes on how to upgrade your software are described further below.

Thank you!

*** TECHNICAL UPGRADE NOTE **

MailArchiva V8.3.7 may be downloaded from https://mailarchiva.com/downloads. The  instructions detailing the upgrade process are available at http://help.mailarchiva.com/enterprise-upgrade. Broadly speaking, the upgrade process involves stopping the existing MailArchiva service and either (1) running the new installer over your existing copy or (2) download the WAR file and unpacking it in the directory listed. There are three potential gotchas to be aware of when upgrading MailArchiva.

1) On Windows, during the install process, the MailArchiva Windows service is recreated and if MailArchiva needs to run under account with special permissions, the MailArchiva Windows service logon service account may need to be set again in the Services applet panel.
2) When running the installer, ensure that the right amount of heap space (i.e. not too little or not too much) is allocated to the product. Refer to http://help.mailarchiva.com/enterprise-memory-settings for specific guidance.
3) If the new server won't start, it may be due to a corrupted Orient DB graph database. Refer to http://help.mailarchiva.com/graphdb for a resolution.

Along with several performance enhancements, MailArchiva V8.2 brings three new features:

1) An easier to use licensing engine
2) Support for Microsoft Graph API for better and tighter Office 365 integration
3) Support for SMTP BDAT command for transfer of large binary attachments over SMTP

*** TECHNICAL UPGRADE NOTE ENDED **

Abdul Razzak

Nov 5, 2021, 5:16:28 AM11/5/21
to MailArchiva
Thank you Mr. Jamie for the update.

Could you please explain the way to export all 2million emails from Mailarchiva since we cannot see the emails anymore in the search option and also we might not use the product anymore as we didnt get any reply to my email from your team.

Best regards,
Abdul Razzak

Daniel Bowne

Nov 12, 2021, 4:47:14 PM11/12/21
to MailArchiva
Same issues for us, this new version is crashing.  High CPU load, nothing but issues.

jamie

Nov 13, 2021, 1:12:09 AM11/13/21
to MailArchiva
Daniel

Abdul's issue is not due to crashing. When you use terms like "the new version is crashing", it implies there is something wrong with the MailArchiva product itself. I understand that you are frustrated but there really isn't any inherent stability issue with the new version of Mailarchiva. From our observations at other clients, the server is extremely stable. You likely have a configuration issue somewhere and we'll be happy to track it down for you. For instance, you may have either allocated too much or too little heap space.  Also, please check that you have enough disk space on all partitions. If you need remote assistance, we can arrange it. I assure you that the cause is some or other configuration issue. If you would prefer not to deal with such technicalities, we do have a cloud version of the solution that eradicates the management aspect. Refer to http://help.mailarchiva.com/enterprise-memory-settings for information on how to re-configure your software and hardware environment so that it stops crashing.

jamie

Nov 13, 2021, 1:13:51 AM11/13/21
to MailArchiva
Sorry the link is at http://help.mailarchiva.com/servercrashing. This article addresses the specific issue of a server that is crashing.