Moving volumes between instances

Jose Manuel Albarrán

Jul 15, 2022, 3:48:00 PM7/15/22
to MailArchiva
Hi

I have created a new mailarchive instance (v8.8.19) in a new machine

I'm trying to move/clone a volume to the new instance

I have
- Copy the volumes directories to new site
- Modified the volume.info as indicated in Mount Unreadable Volume (mailarchiva.com) to add the passphrase and remove the signature
- In new instance, selected import volume
- When I select "Mount", I get an error (localized in Spanish(
El volumen no se puede montar: failed to locate volume with ID {id='e47171b6-9835-4b85-b171-b69835bb85c4'}
The strange thing is that the ID in NOT the id in the volume.info file (in different)

Any clues?
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

José Manuel Albarrán

Aug 3, 2022, 4:05:15 PM8/3/22
to MailArchiva
No, sorry. I have tried also to mount as backup volume and merge. Same error.

El miércoles, 3 de agosto de 2022 a las 21:47:46 UTC+2, Emiliano Caballero escribió:
I'm having the same issue. Have you found a solution to this?
Message has been deleted

jamie

Aug 5, 2022, 3:11:21 AM8/5/22
to MailArchiva
Hmm. Try stop the MailArchiva server, edit /etc/opt/mailarchiva/ROOT/server.conf or C:\ProgramData\MailArchiva\ROOT\server.conf. Delete all lines beginning with volume. Start MailArchiva server and reimport the volumes.

José Manuel Albarrán

Aug 7, 2022, 2:55:48 AM8/7/22
to MailArchiva
I did it, with no success, but with a change:

- I deleted the lines beginning with volume and restarted Mailarchiva
- I add the backup volume, and click save. And here is the change: the error message has dissapeared!
- But, I try to mount it, and does nothing (and no message in logs)

Also tried to add a new normal volume, activating it importing a message, and then fusion. No success!

J Watco

Aug 10, 2022, 2:28:10 PM8/10/22
to MailArchiva
I had same error and got it working.

Stopped mailarchiva. Edit the server.conf file. Copy the volume ID from the volumeinfo file in the root of the volume's folder. Find the volume information in the server.conf file. Edit the volumeid inside that file and replace it with the correct ID from the volumeinfo file. Seems mailarchiva is creating a new volumeID when you import the volume and its not matching whats in the volumeinfo file. Alternatively you could grab the volumeID from the server.conf file and replace it in the volumeinfo file.

José Manuel Albarrán

Aug 13, 2022, 6:06:32 AM8/13/22
to MailArchiva
Really thank you, JWatco!
Finally I got the volume mounted using your approach. Currently I'm reindexing, because the volume appears as mounted, but the search gives me different results from old system and new one. Also, the preview is not working.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: For others coming to this post. If you reset the passphrase using the method in http://help.mailarchiva.com/mount-unreadable-volume notice that there is problem with configuration

In server.conf the passphrase is in
security.passhrase=rtQAVHuVq3RejKo5ViHRsttwImTOUjyM/6B72uA+amU=
NOTICE that we miss a 'p' in passhrase

But when you copy to volumeinfo you have to write
passphrase=rtQAVHuVq3RejKo5ViHRsttwImTOUjyM/6B72uA+amU=
passphrase correctly written (with p), and removing 'security.' prefix.

José Manuel Albarrán

Aug 14, 2022, 4:39:19 AM8/14/22
to MailArchiva
CORRECTION: Initially worked, but after reindex ALL emails dissapeared!

Jamie

Aug 15, 2022, 3:47:46 AM8/15/22
to MailArchiva
Hi everyone. Sorry about this mess. I just reproduced the mount bug. It will be fixed shortly (next the version!)

Jamie

Aug 15, 2022, 9:05:19 AM8/15/22
to MailArchiva
The mount issue is fixed in v8.10.3.

8.10.3  (15 August 2202)

[AR-2747] cant mount existing volume (failed to locate volume by Id)

Feel free to upgrade it.

Emiliano Caballero

Dec 29, 2022, 2:32:58 PM12/29/22
to MailArchiva