OpenID Connect with Keycloak

peter pan

Dec 21, 2023, 8:03:21 AM12/21/23
to MailArchiva
Hello all,

I have problems connecting MailArchiva with my Keycloak server using OpenID Connect.

mailarchiva debug log:
t.c.s.a.ach [ERROR] user unknown authenticated, but no role is assigned.

error msg in browser:
Problem occurred during authentication failed to refresh token:

configuration in mailarchiva: (tld and realm redacted)
archiva.jpg
realm and client id / client secret are copy and pasted.

Can you help me or give me a way to debug the problem more.

All the best

peter pan

Dec 21, 2023, 8:04:06 AM12/21/23
to MailArchiva
Current version of keycloak and mailarchiva are used.

Philip Richards

Feb 28, 2024, 12:35:39 PMFeb 28
to MailArchiva
Hello Peter Pan,

Did you find a solution to your problem? It looks as if I'm having a similar issue but using Okta - it authenticates but can't assign a role.

Which version of MailArchiva are you using?

Thanks

Philip Richards

Feb 29, 2024, 5:49:33 AMFeb 29
to MailArchiva
I suspect that it is a problem with Version 9. I had a test installation of Version 8 knocking around from a while ago with a working Okta setup. Just upgraded it to the latest version 9 (9.0.10) and the authentication stopped working.