Backup volume retention

Billy Bitzer

Feb 4, 2022, 10:26:38 AM2/4/22
to MailArchiva
A second backup related query.

Is there a way to apply a retention rule to a backup volume?

There way that we're thinking of using MailArhiva is to only keep the archived emails for three or four months - it would be a very transient system.

I like the idea of having the internal backup setup but I can't see a clean way of stopping the backup volumes from growing indefinitely. Obviously it would be possible to simply delete files over a certain age from the backup volume. This though seems a little crude.

I'm new to MailArchiva so if there is a "proper" way to do this then I've not been able to find it.

If anyone has come across this before any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks
Phil

Jamie

Feb 4, 2022, 10:28:33 AM2/4/22
to MailArchiva
In this case, its best to use a dedicated backup product to backup your volume data.