how Tagging should work

bill evergreen

Apr 23, 2022, 8:45:27 AM4/23/22
to MailArchiva
Hello group,

I selected and marked a mail and pressed "Tagging", and typed some text.
Surprisingly this does not add a Tagging-Icon to the selected mail, nor can the added text-string be searched for :(  (all: "Have a nice day")

What I am doing wrong?

Bill

bill evergreen

May 21, 2022, 8:46:58 AM5/21/22
to MailArchiva
Would be very nice if somebody could explain if I am doing something wrong and why the Mailarchiva-tagging does not work like in most other tools ...

Thank you very much!
Bill

Jamie

Jun 22, 2022, 4:58:00 AM6/22/22
to MailArchiva
You may have a corrupted graph database. I would suggest to delete the database as per http://help.mailarchiva.com/graphdb and restart MailArchiva, then upgrade to the latest version of MailArchiva, and retest the tagging. It definitely works.

bill evergreen

Jul 9, 2022, 8:27:25 AM7/9/22
to MailArchiva
Thank you for the reply!

-> You may have a corrupted graph database.
I don't think this is the case, because we are using demo.mailarchiva.com.

Pls see screenshots and tell me please what I am doing wrong :)
Bill
MailArchiva__search-tags__01.png
MailArchiva__search-tags__04.png
MailArchiva__search-tags__02.png
MailArchiva__search-tags__03.png

bill evergreen

Sep 10, 2022, 8:26:19 AM9/10/22
to MailArchiva
Hello List,

Is there somebody on this list who could explain me what I am doing wrong with "tagging" (I am unsing the demo instance at demo.mailarchiva.com.)

Thank you very much!
Nill

Ralph Faust

Nov 19, 2022, 8:47:26 AM11/19/22
to MailArchiva
Hmm.. tried the same... but i does not work as I expected. Is this a version issue?