Backup and restore query

Billy Bitzer

Feb 4, 2022, 10:05:19 AM2/4/22
to MailArchiva
I've been having a play for the first time with MailArchiva over the past few days.

I have a question concerning the inbuilt backup facility. I've not been able to find anything in the online help, so thought I'd ask here.

I can setup the backup ok - both as a one off and automatic. Is there an approved method for doing restores from a backup volume?

The only way that I've been able to make it work reliably is as below :-

- create a new volume
- copy the directories / files from the backup volume to the new volume
- re-index the new volume

And then all of the emails re-appeared as expected. It seems to be ok and so I'm happy enough with it as a solution. I was though wondering if there was a better way?

Thanks
Phil

Jamie

Feb 4, 2022, 10:25:14 AM2/4/22
to MailArchiva
Phil. Thanks for your interest in MailArchiva. You could unmount the backup volume, edit the volumeinfo, change status to CLOSED, and mount the volume, and reindex.

Billy Bitzer

Feb 4, 2022, 10:30:21 AM2/4/22
to MailArchiva
Jamie,

Thanks for the quick response. I've tried something similar - copying the backup volume to my data filesystem and changing the status accordingly.

I'll give your suggestion a go.

Thanks
Phil