Urban Schools Forum Newsletter

NCIP2

Jan 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/6/99
The National Institute for Urban School Improvement is pleased to announce its
premier issue of "Urban Schools Forum," a newsletter dedicated to expanding the
conversation surrounding urban school improvement. This newsletter serves as a
vehicle to spread the diverse voices of urban education reform and inclusive
community development across the nation.

Through its newsletter, as well as other Institute publications and activities,
the Institute is embarking upon a mission to engage the broadest possible
constituency in an effort to significantly improve the educational and life
opportunities of children and families in our Nation's urban centers. The
Institute seeks to focus attention on a common imperative: to create schools as
communities of learners that build on promise, the possibilities, and the
potential of all of our children.

If you'd like to receive a copy of our premier issue, please send an email
with your name, title, and mailing address to:

urban_i...@edc.org

In addition, if you'd like additional copies to disseminate to your colleagues,
please indicate the quantity and we'll mail them out to you. For your
convenience, we hope to have it online on our Web site shortly.

OUR MISSION

The mission of the National Institute for Urban School Improvement is to support
inclusive urban communities, schools, and families to build their capacity for
sustainable, successful urban education. The Institute will accomplish this
mission through dialogue, networking, technology, action research, information
systems, alliance and consensus building.

FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT US AT:

National Institute for Urban School Improvement
Center for Marketing, Networking, and Utilization
Education Development Center, Inc. (EDC)
55 Chapel Street
Newton, MA 02458
Phone: 617.969.7100 x2486
Fax: 617.969.3440