printing help

Celinda Weber

Jan 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/6/99
I was experiencing similar difficulties printing from Netscape
Communicator 4.5 to my Epson printer. I went to
http://www.netscape.com/support
Once there I looked for FAQs. I selected the topic Netscape Communicator
and did a search using the word printing. After scrolling through the
list I found exactly what I wanted which was "Using Communicator 4.5 on
a Macintosh, printing is very small when printing email or web pages to
an Epson printer." The directions had me select Page Setup from the File
menu. Remove the checkmark for the command "fit to page if possible."
After printing a test page it worked. If the size was still wrong you
were directed to open Page Setup and type 80-85% in the Reduce/Enlarge
box. Adjust until the width changed to 2 pages wide. Reduce the size
until the shown width is one page wide. There appeared to be other
printers listed in the main list of questions, so if this doesn't work,
something else might.I hope this helps.

Suzanne B. Conrad

Jan 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/7/99
First, Celinda, thank you for your response. I became aware of the "fit to
page if possible" feature. I had checked that on my setup and it was not
checked. Additionally, the printer had been printing normally just moments
before and after logging off and on three times and calling the local
service provider, I logged on for a third time and tried to print. This
time it came out fine. I had not made any changes anywhere. So I am still
curious as to what exactly happened. Any ideas, anybody?

Suzanne B. Conrad
sco...@nps.bia.edu