Re: Ping whomever

cthulu

Nov 15, 2019, 7:00:53 AM11/15/19
In article <cPezF.27841$Mf1....@fx11.iad>
SEC3 <nor...@sec3.net> wrote:

> On 2019-11-14 9:02 a.m., Anonymous wrote:
> > Someone is sending messages through my remailer to austria that are bouncing. I think that it might be the new bunker.
> >
> > Nov 13 19:00:35 postfix/smtp[5610]: 35D2A11F063: to=<mixm...@remailer.privacy.at>, relay=remailer.privacy.at[212.124.141.99]:25, delay=2.8, delays=2.5/0/0.23/0.05, dsn=5.1.8, status=bounced (host remailer.privacy.at[212.124.141.99] said: 550 5.1.8 <an...@domain.invalid>: Sender address rejected: Domain not found (in reply to RCPT TO command))
>
> Austria is rejecting and returning to you an email with a From: address
> that is not a fully qualified domain name (FQDN).
>
> This looks like remailer user error and not a lot you can or should do
> about it.
>
> If the user happens to be reading this here is some advice. In the
> future please use a FQDN From:
>
> anon...@anonymous.com
>
> instead of
>
> an...@domain.invalid
>
> That way your message will actually get delivered, and it won't generate
> annoying bounces.

Talk to the guys at Omnimix about it.

That is their default email addy on the Anon tab (and others) of
their very fine prog, "Anon <an...@domain.invalid>" .

It can be easily modified, but most people are too lazy.

anon

Nov 15, 2019, 8:52:51 AM11/15/19

> Talk to the guys at Omnimix about it.
>
> That is their default email addy on the Anon tab (and others) of
> their very fine prog, "Anon <an...@domain.invalid>" .
>
> It can be easily modified, but most people are too lazy.

May be they don't know hat it can be done or how to do it.

The reason I suspect borked.net remailer is because there are multiple messages in a row daily being sent by whomever.

rema...@pseudo.borked.net

Nov 15, 2019, 11:12:35 PM11/15/19
In article <qqmaji$1fb$1...@news.mixmin.net>
It happens when they send using the default Ominmix SMTP server.

Fcc: outbox
Host: localhost
From: doesn't matter what they have here it gets replaced.

freef...@club-internet.fr

Nov 16, 2019, 8:26:33 AM11/16/19
Omnimix needs to change the default so that the great unlearned who use it don't have this problem.

Anonymous Remailer (austria)

Nov 16, 2019, 7:32:54 PM11/16/19

In article <qqote7$ktm$1...@news.mixmin.net>
"freef...@club-internet.fr" <freef...@club-internet.fr>
wrote:
Easy to fix.

BTW, they use Anon <an...@domain.invalid> when a new server is
added to the list and not changed by the user.

1 - Go to Anon tab, change the name restart servers.

2 - Go to Anon tab, Anon Mail S, Anon tab again, left-click a
server then the "=" sign. Any server with Anon
<an...@domain.invalid>, change it to a domain that will resolve
such as: send-m...@gmail.com. google has lots of resources.
Let them deal with a little extra unsoliciated email.

Anonymous Remailer (austria)

Nov 16, 2019, 8:40:26 PM11/16/19

In article <qqmaji$1fb$1...@news.mixmin.net>
"anon" <an...@anonymous.com> wrote:

You have no idea who sent it, however I will admit to being one
of the myriad culprits - intentionally.

I have modified my sending address to something suitable that
can be resolved by an inverse query.

I have also changed the remailer name from kill_pw to paranoia
in order to help increase it.

15:47:13.296 0 Calling Mixmaster (parameters: '-m -v -c 6 -l
paranoia,*,*,dizum om\0.mxt') ...

15:47:13.839 0 Trying to send Message ...
15:47:13.839 0 SMTP transmission strategy: Direct anon hosts >
Joint anon host ('sopoccfrkrpuiin5.onion', port 2525)
15:47:13.839 0 Direct Anon SMTP transmission requested but host
obviously not capable of delivering to all remailers
15:47:13.839 0 SMTP State: Now sending the remaining 9 of 9
chunks through the Anon SMTP host ...
15:47:13.839 0 Targeted SMTP host (anon - fix selection):
'kill_pw'

15:47:16.623 0 SMTP State: Sending chunk 1 of 9 from
'you_f...@itout.net' to 'mixm...@remailer.paranoici.org',
server 'sopoccfrkrpuiin5.onion', port 2525 ...

mixmaster

Nov 17, 2019, 7:56:20 AM11/17/19

> In article <qqmaji$1fb$1...@news.mixmin.net>
> "anon" <an...@anonymous.com> wrote:
>

>>> Talk to the guys at Omnimix about it.
>>>
>>> That is their default email addy on the Anon tab (and others) of
>>> their very fine prog, "Anon <an...@domain.invalid>" .
>>>
>>> It can be easily modified, but most people are too lazy.
>>
>> May be they don't know hat it can be done or how to do it.
>>
>> The reason I suspect borked.net remailer is because there are multiple messages in a row daily being sent by whomever.
>
> You have no idea who sent it, however I will admit to being one
> of the myriad culprits - intentionally.
>
> I have modified my sending address to something suitable that
> can be resolved by an inverse query.

So how is that going to work if your message never arrives?

Anonymous Remailer (austria)

Nov 18, 2019, 2:15:58 AM11/18/19

In article <qqrg1i$hsa$1...@news.mixmin.net>
That's the beauty of this remailer network and others.

Issues with one remailer server did not preclude any of my
traffic from being delivered.

Not one single message failed to post the entire time. All it
did was create a queue delay issue involving one server. I
should think the server operator would have been able to
identify and remedy this quite easily given that it was a known
minor annoyance with sender address verifications and possibly
SPF.

True to my word, I modified server and From: address settings so
that I will no longer be contributing to the issue.

This message was posted using the new email addresses and EHLO
IDs.

Cheers.

Anonymous

Nov 20, 2019, 8:07:49 PM11/20/19
In article <e69c349fb30bd4f4...@remailer.privacy.at>
"Anonymous Remailer (austria)" <mixm...@remailer.privacy.at> wrote:

>In article <qqmaji$1fb$1...@news.mixmin.net>
>"anon" <an...@anonymous.com> wrote:
>>

>> > Talk to the guys at Omnimix about it.
>> >
>> > That is their default email addy on the Anon tab (and others) of
>> > their very fine prog, "Anon <an...@domain.invalid>" .

Entering a valid address here may alienate the owner of that domain.

>> > It can be easily modified, but most people are too lazy.
>>
>> May be they don't know hat it can be done or how to do it.
>>
>> The reason I suspect borked.net remailer is because there are multiple messages in a row daily being sent by whomever.
>
>You have no idea who sent it, however I will admit to being one
>of the myriad culprits - intentionally.
>
>I have modified my sending address to something suitable that
>can be resolved by an inverse query.
>
>I have also changed the remailer name from kill_pw to paranoia
>in order to help increase it.
>
>15:47:13.296 0 Calling Mixmaster (parameters: '-m -v -c 6 -l
>paranoia,*,*,dizum om\0.mxt') ...
>
>15:47:13.839 0 Trying to send Message ...
>15:47:13.839 0 SMTP transmission strategy: Direct anon hosts >
>Joint anon host ('sopoccfrkrpuiin5.onion', port 2525)

>15:47:13.839 0 Direct Anon SMTP transmission requested but host
>obviously not capable of delivering to all remailers

As sopoccfrkrpuiin5.onion supports packet forwarding to other entry
remailers you'd better set Entry (remailer) to
Don't_modify_remailer_chain at the Anon_SMTP_Host entry for
omni_sec3_onion.

That activates direct delivery to the entry remailers with only the
remaining packets finally being sent to sopoccfrkrpuiin5.onion as
described here:

>15:47:13.839 0 SMTP State: Now sending the remaining 9 of 9
>chunks through the Anon SMTP host ...
>15:47:13.839 0 Targeted SMTP host (anon - fix selection):
>'kill_pw'

As kill_pw isn't a valid remailer name Mixmaster encoding may fail when
Entry is set to Add_entry_remailer_to_chain or
Replace_entry_remailer_by.

Anonymous Remailer (austria)

Nov 23, 2019, 3:00:17 AM11/23/19

In article <00209e2347019f3e...@hoi-polloi.org>
Anonymous <anon...@hoi-polloi.org> wrote:

> In article <e69c349fb30bd4f4...@remailer.privacy.at>
> "Anonymous Remailer (austria)" <mixm...@remailer.privacy.at> wrote:

> Entering a valid address here may alienate the owner of that domain.

I really don't care if I annoy google, alphabet or cnn. They
annoy me. Fair is fair.

> >> May be they don't know hat it can be done or how to do it.
> >>
> >> The reason I suspect borked.net remailer is because there are multiple messages in a row daily being sent by whomever.
> >
> >You have no idea who sent it, however I will admit to being one
> >of the myriad culprits - intentionally.
> >
> >I have modified my sending address to something suitable that
> >can be resolved by an inverse query.
> >
> >I have also changed the remailer name from kill_pw to paranoia
> >in order to help increase it.
> >
> >15:47:13.296 0 Calling Mixmaster (parameters: '-m -v -c 6 -l
> >paranoia,*,*,dizum om\0.mxt') ...
> >
> >15:47:13.839 0 Trying to send Message ...
> >15:47:13.839 0 SMTP transmission strategy: Direct anon hosts >
> >Joint anon host ('sopoccfrkrpuiin5.onion', port 2525)

> >15:47:13.839 0 Direct Anon SMTP transmission requested but host
> >obviously not capable of delivering to all remailers
>
> As sopoccfrkrpuiin5.onion supports packet forwarding to other entry
> remailers you'd better set Entry (remailer) to
> Don't_modify_remailer_chain at the Anon_SMTP_Host entry for
> omni_sec3_onion.

I don't. Omnimix does that. Download a copy and observe it
yourself.

> That activates direct delivery to the entry remailers with only the
> remaining packets finally being sent to sopoccfrkrpuiin5.onion as
> described here:
>
> >15:47:13.839 0 SMTP State: Now sending the remaining 9 of 9
> >chunks through the Anon SMTP host ...
> >15:47:13.839 0 Targeted SMTP host (anon - fix selection):
> >'kill_pw'

Let's not and say we did.

> As kill_pw isn't a valid remailer name Mixmaster encoding may fail when
> Entry is set to Add_entry_remailer_to_chain or
> Replace_entry_remailer_by.

Thanks but no thanks. kill_pw is an alias for a remailer
configuration entry in Omnimix, and it is not being used as a
remailer.

I hate to be a prick about this, but you're offering advice
about something you obviously have no operational experience
with.

Nomen Nescio

Nov 23, 2019, 2:16:51 PM11/23/19
"Anonymous Remailer (austria)" <mixm...@remailer.privacy.at> wrote:

> Thanks but no thanks. kill_pw is an alias for a remailer
> configuration entry in Omnimix

No, it's not.

The names of the Anon SMTP hosts configuration table entries are:

dizum
frell
omni_mixmin
omni_mixmin_onion