Getting OLD emails?

Joe Seeley

Sep 22, 2015, 4:49:02 PM9/22/15
to Ruby's Mail Discussion Group
Just trying this gem out for the first time and I'm a little confused by the results I'm getting.

For testing purposes I linked to my GMail account using POP3 and then I tried to get the most recent unread emails in the following ways.

msg = Mail.first
msg
= Mail.last

I thought that Mail.first would return the most recent (newest) email received that was marked as unread, but instead I got back an email from 2004.

So then I tried Mail.last in case they were reversed from what I was expecting, but then I got back an email from 2006!

I'm further confused since both of these emails are "read" already, but the README.md for both methods states it will return "unread" email.