connection with smtp.live.com

Carlos Diógenes

Apr 12, 2013, 10:23:39 PM4/12/13
to mail...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I can't connect with smtp.live.com using mail. I have this configuration:

config.action_mailer.smtp_settings = {
  address: "smtp.live.com",
  port: 587,
  domain: "meudominio.com",
  authentication: "plain",
  enable_starttls_auto: true,
  user_name: ENV["HOTMAIL_USERNAME"],
  password: ENV["HTOMAIL_PASSWORD"]
}

and when I try to send an e-mail I get the following error:

SSL_read:: wrong version number

If I connect throw this command: "openssl s_client -starttls smtp -crlf -connect smtp.live.com:587" I can login, but after sending "mail from: <x...@meudominio.com>" I get the same error, or similar: "139951896741544:error:1408F10B:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number:s3_pkt.c:337:"

If I connect with adding the "-tls1" option to s_client everything works fine.

I tried to find where is the interaction between mail and openssl (or the ssl solution used), but didn't find anything. Someone can point where is it and if it's worthwhile to look at it to try to solve this problem?

Best regards,

Carlos.