Automation - Can a script be used

angie kiess

Dec 8, 2021, 11:48:01 AM12/8/21
to Mail merge
Love the ease of this mail merge - I've tried several others.  Is there a way to automate the mail merge after a "new" entry arrives in the sheet.

We need to create the merge document after a new entry appears in the sheet - but I really don't want to create the entire merge again.

Thanks....Angie

Mail Merge Docs - Support

Dec 14, 2021, 9:39:46 AM12/14/21
to Mail merge
Dear Angie,

Thank you so much for your suggestion.

The automation for new entires in the sheet is not something we offer at the moment but we'll definitely explore that option to be included in the next versions of Mail Merge for Google Docs. It's definitely an interesting option to offer. At the moment, we are pushing the limits of Google add-ons and this would definitely need some development research in order to achieve the result.

I will keep you updated by email when we make progress on this automation feature.

In the meantime, I wish you all the best,
Lucy