Cannot execute mail merge due to error message

Emily Golin

Jan 12, 2022, 2:22:28 PM (5 days ago) Jan 12
to Mail merge
I'm trying to merge a one-page google doc letter - one page of basic text with a logo on the top - with a spreadsheet of 326 contacts. Every time I try to execute the merge, I get an error that says "Oh snap! We could not merge your document. This might happen when your document is too heavy or has too many formattings applied. Please edit your document and try again." So I made a new spreadsheet with only 50 lines to see if that would help, and I get the same error message. Any idea what might be happening here?

kathy zimmmerman

Jan 12, 2022, 6:45:18 PM (5 days ago) Jan 12
to Mail merge
I am having the same issue today.  I reduced my document down to just 30 lines.  It still didn't work.  When I was working with it last week, the full document worked.  Is there a glitch today?

Mail Merge Docs - Support

Jan 13, 2022, 5:41:01 AM (5 days ago) Jan 13
to Mail merge
Hi both,
Thank you for sharing this issue with us.

Could you share your document at mailmergedocs [at] gmail.com so that can review them?

Google add-ons have a limited computing time, which is why it can break sometime.

Kind regards,
Lucy