How do I create a mail merge document in Google Docs?

mailmergedocs

Jun 1, 2021, 4:51:30 PMJun 1
to Mail merge
Here is a step-by-step guide to mail merge in Google Docs
  1. Open Google Docs (https://docs.new
  2. Create a template document. For example, create an empty invoice template or a student grade report.
  3. Click on the Mail Merge button in the sidebar on the right
  4. Choose the document type (letters, envelopes, labels, emails)
  5. Select recipients.
  6. In the sidebar, choose which spreadsheet you want to pull data from Insert merge fields to personalize each document
  7. Generate your documents Download your documents as Docs, PDF or Word

screenshot2.png
screenshot3.png
screenshot4.png
screenshot5.png

Y H

Jun 4, 2021, 3:01:01 PMJun 4
to Mail merge
Hi Mail merge,
my friend use a Chromebook. She downloaded the mailmerge addon to the google docs. However, the app can not be turned on when she tried to use it. (It was blank at all when she opened the app)How to solve this issue?
Thank you.
Sophia

mailmergedocs 在 2021年6月1日 星期二下午4:51:30 [UTC-4] 的信中寫道:

Mailmeteor Team

Jun 6, 2021, 3:32:32 PMJun 6
to Mail merge
Hi Sophia,
Can you try refreshing the page. If you friend is using Google Docs, there's a known issue with that cause the add-on to turn blank the first time it's loading.
Keep us posted!

Stephanie deGuzman

Jun 18, 2021, 11:31:42 AMJun 18
to Mail merge
whats is the label size that prints on avery 5160?

Michael Dunninger

Jun 22, 2021, 8:54:31 AMJun 22
to Mail merge
Hi Mail Merge,

I only see the option to create letters or envelopes, not labels. How can I print labels?

Mike

mailmergedocs

Jun 27, 2021, 3:03:39 AMJun 27
to Mail merge
Hi Mike, to print labels you can use this software

Warm regards

MELOVA Maternity

Aug 25, 2021, 2:25:45 AMAug 25
to Mail merge
this mail merge cant automatic get the shared link?

Alejandro Castillon

Aug 26, 2021, 10:59:53 PMAug 26
to Mail merge
Mail Merge is great! Does what I need and simple to set up.

For a future update, I'd like to see a setting or prompt of where to save the resulting merge. At the very least, the same directory as the template would be so helpful.

Thanks!

Kaz Zinnetti

Sep 13, 2021, 10:55:59 PMSep 13
to Mail merge
After selecting spreadsheet the MailMerge add-on goes back to the first screen asking me to choose email, document or label.  Uninstalled as not working for me.

Mail Merge Docs - Support

Sep 14, 2021, 8:33:18 AMSep 14
to Mail merge
Hi there,

@Kaz, can you try again by opening a new Google Docs and refreshing the page immediately? Google has a bug with all add-ons with fresh documents. The first screen goes blank all the time.

@Alejandro, thanks a lot for your feedback. I've noted in down for future updates ;)

Best,
- Lucy

VICTOR HUGO DUQUE RAMOS

Sep 24, 2021, 12:50:06 AMSep 24
to Mail merge

Same problem.

Mail Merge Docs - Support

Sep 24, 2021, 4:45:12 AMSep 24
to Mail merge
Hello Victor,
Are you using Google Sheets files or Excel files converted to a spreadsheet?
Also, how many rows does your spreadsheet contain?

Looking forward to finding a solution,
Lucy - Suppor team

Pham An

Sep 29, 2021, 6:47:44 PMSep 29
to Mail merge
how

Vào lúc 15:45:12 UTC+7 ngày Thứ Sáu, 24 tháng 9, 2021, Mail Merge Docs - Support đã viết:

Tracy Carter

Oct 5, 2021, 12:24:24 PMOct 5
to Mail merge
Same issue.  Using a google spreadsheet converted to a google sheets file.

Mail Merge Docs - Support

Oct 5, 2021, 3:06:04 PMOct 5
to Mail merge
Dear Tracy,
Thanks for sharing these details.

Can you try using a new Google Sheets document instead of the converted one?

We'd like to check that the issue comes from the fact the document was converted in the first place.

Keep us posted,
Lucy - Customer support

Kaylee Draudt

2:22 PM (8 hours ago) 2:22 PM