Image in letter does not merge

Gerardo Lopez

Feb 7, 2022, 10:56:27 AMFeb 7
to Mail merge
Hello,
I created a letter mail-merge. I have an image for my company's logo in the base document. When I merge, the image returns an exclamation point in the merged Google Doc (Doc or PDF give the same result). See screen shots of merged letter and base letter below.

Thanks for your help!
Gerardo Lopez
Screenshot 2022-02-07 9.52.40 AM.png

Screenshot 2022-02-07 9.53.10 AM.png

Mail Merge Docs - Support

Feb 16, 2022, 3:35:03 AMFeb 16
to Mail merge
Dear Gerardo,

You might have issues with images, due to a bug from Google Docs. Copy/pasting images from their API is unreliable as this stage. We have reported this right here and have introduced a feature request right here. We are actively monitoring any updates from the Google engineering team and will ping you as soon as we have more information.

SOLUTION: I'm really sorry for that. In the meantime, you should be able to merge images that are publicly available online (e.g. use "Search images" or the "URL" tab when inserting images).

Best regards
Lucy - Customer Support

Gerardo Lopez

Mar 10, 2022, 1:33:09 PMMar 10
to Mail merge
Thanks for your help, Lucy. I tried using several public images to test your suggestion. Unfortunately those did not merge to letters or emails either. I will keep watch for any updates form your engineering group. I will have to purchase a product I used previously to get our company logo on merged letters or emails.

Thanks again for your efforts.

Message has been deleted

Ben Chaplin

Jul 16, 2022, 12:52:31 PMJul 16
to Mail merge
I've been able to get it working by inserting the image through a "Drawing":
  1. Insert | Drawing | New
  2. Image | (insert as you wish)
  3. Save and Close