Bullet points disappear

Julie Baldridge

Nov 4, 2021, 2:41:13 PM11/4/21
to Mail merge
I had a bulleted list on Google Docs and after the mail merge they disappear. Any ideas?

Mail Merge Docs - Support

Nov 10, 2021, 12:07:43 PM11/10/21
to Mail merge
Dear Julie,

Thank you for raising this issue to us. We are going to check why the bullets points are disappearing in your case. Most probably Google Docs is overriding your formatting at the time of sending.

I will keep you posted when we find a solution regarding that matter.

Thank you for helping us improve the add-on.

Lucy - Customer success

Message has been deleted

Christopher Piette

Feb 28, 2022, 12:43:47 PMFeb 28
to Mail merge
I am experiencing this same issue, any answers on solutions to the problem?

Thanks!

RM - 05RJ 833135 Millers Grove PS

Feb 28, 2022, 10:44:58 PMFeb 28
to Mail merge
ty for doing this to me and for me

Peter Bromhead

Mar 23, 2022, 11:47:39 PMMar 23
to Mail merge
HI, I am having the same issue. Is there a known solution?

Andrea Caspani - Unitbit

May 3, 2022, 10:30:27 AMMay 3
to Mail merge
Hello, same issue!
It does it with bulleted list and numbered list when generatin letters.

Thank you!

Mail_merge_of_Guida_primo_accesso_Google_-_Documenti_Google_and_Guida_primo_accesso_Google_-_Documenti_Google.png

Isaac Morris

May 5, 2022, 2:01:07 PMMay 5
to Mail merge
Has anyone found a fix for this? Struggling with the same thing.

Yan Pierre le Luyer

May 9, 2022, 9:54:54 AMMay 9
to Mail merge
Same issue for me. Any fix on its way ?
Have a nice day.

Brian Huang

May 12, 2022, 2:34:47 AMMay 12
to Mail merge
If you over-ride the auto-formatting in Google Docs, it works. Basically, use the actual bullet character:  • instead of letting google docs do the auto-numbering / enumerating feature.

I'm trying to autogenerate numbers as well. This is a current work-around. Type in

1. {{ Option1 }}
2. {{ Option2 }}
3. {{ Option3 }}
4. {{ Option4 }}

Christopher Colligan

May 17, 2022, 10:09:12 PMMay 17
to Mail merge
I'm having the same issue but using a table with the first column as the bullet point special character seems to do the trick.