Preserving Headers and Footers in Google Docs

David Greaves

Aug 28, 2021, 2:25:57 PMAug 28
to Mail merge
Hi, I may be missing something simple, but is there a way to preserve headers and footers when merging google docs? I would like to keep page numbers and my logo in the top.

Thanks,
David Greaves

mailmergedocs

Sep 14, 2021, 8:17:38 AMSep 14
to Mail merge
Hi David,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us. Right now, this is not something supported as we only copy the body of your document. The Google Docs API doesn't give an easy way to copy the entire document, that's why we don't preserve headers / footers when merging documents. We have reported this issue to Google and introduced a feature request right here.

If ever this is something that Google implements, we will update the add-on and let you know ;)

Best,
Lucy