Merge Doesn't keep formatting

Christopher Piette

Feb 25, 2022, 11:05:23 AMFeb 25
to Mail merge
The mail merge goes fine with inputting the data from the spread sheet however once I merge, the new documents it produces does not contain an image, and a bullet point list that's in the original document...

I've got a "band aid" fix for replacing the image across the hundreds of letters (by putting it in the header), but need a solution for either preventing the bullet point list from getting messed up, or fixing the bullet point formatting issue across 100+ pages...

Mail Merge Docs - Support

Mar 4, 2022, 9:52:07 AMMar 4
to Mail merge
Dear Christopher,

Thank you for sharing this situation with us.

Would you be able to share some screenshots so that we can better guide you?

Kind regards,
Lucy

Christopher Colligan

May 17, 2022, 10:11:30 PMMay 17
to Mail merge
Could you provide more details on the "band aid" fix for replace the image in the header? The header image I have isn't pulling into the letter.

Daniel Potter

Sep 2, 2022, 8:41:48 AMSep 2
to Mail merge
I have a similar issue with formatting; even if the merge fields are formatted in the template document (font, color, alignment), it does not keep that formatting in the merged documents. I would love for this issue to be fixed, because otherwise this is a really great add-on.

Richard Bunk

Sep 6, 2022, 6:09:51 AMSep 6
to Mail merge
Same issue here; styles aren't preserved.

Richard Bunk

Sep 6, 2022, 6:14:46 AMSep 6
to Mail merge
Also, some line indents are changed in a wrongful way.

Richard Bunk

Sep 6, 2022, 6:16:38 AMSep 6
to Mail merge
And even worse, entire headlines are deleted(!)

Richard Bunk

Sep 6, 2022, 10:54:34 AMSep 6
to Mail merge
Also, page numbers and entire footer sections are gone(!)
Unfortunately, I have to conclude that this tool cannot be trusted.