Mail Merge Not Loading

Benjamin Wolfe

Dec 24, 2021, 10:40:28 AM12/24/21
to Mail merge
When I select the letter, then I select the spreadsheet, and then the process resets to the first page of the selection menu. I've tried in incognito as well and it does not allow. Ad blocker is off and cookies are enabled.

latosha keeton

Dec 25, 2021, 1:54:35 AM12/25/21
to Mail merge
💔

Mail Merge Docs - Support

Dec 29, 2021, 7:53:14 AM12/29/21
to Mail merge
Hi Benjamin,

Thank you for letting us know. I believe the issue comes from your spreadsheet being too large. How many lines does your spreadsheet have in total? is your spreadsheet filtered?

You should try again generating your documents on a smaller sample. For example, try to split your contact list into several batch.

Looking forward to helping you,
Lucy
Message has been deleted

Mandy Dixon

Mar 30, 2022, 6:26:22 PMMar 30
to Mail merge
I am having the same issue and my spreadsheet is only 252 records long. I broke it down into 2 spreadsheets of approx 100 records and still the same.

Shauna Gregory

Mar 30, 2022, 7:58:20 PMMar 30
to Mail merge
I am also having the same difficulty, but my list is only 22 records long.

Mail Merge Docs - Support

Mar 31, 2022, 4:14:10 AMMar 31
to Mail merge
Hi there,

Thanks for reporting this issue. Google gives us 30 seconds to executes the mail merge. When you have too many records or your document is heavily formatted, the add-on will likely need more time to prepare the document and that's why you're having an error. What you can do here is to break your list in two or more batches or try to reduce the formatting of your document.

Please note that we've reached out to Google to share all your feedback on this. Up until now, we didn't get a response from them.

Best regards

Mandy Dixon

Mar 31, 2022, 9:49:18 AMMar 31
to Mail merge
I've already tried this. It still doesn't work.