Good Afternoon Everyone,
Our Warden has inquired into the history of the bell he uses during Council. I know it use is based on British parliamentary tradition, but I have no further information related to when our Council began utilizing it or who manufactured it. I am wondering if it was one of those every day practices that wasn’t very well documented or we just haven’t come across any records yet concerning it.
So this might be a bit of a long shot, but wondering if anyone has documented the history of their Council procedures and might have some insight into the practice. It may help us narrow down dates.
Appreciate any help you can provide.
Thanks!
Liz
LIZ DOMMASCH | Archivist (She/Her/Hers) |
Oxford County Archives
Oxford County | www.oxfordcounty.ca/archives
82 Light Street
Woodstock, ON N4S 7Y3
This email communication is CONFIDENTIAL AND LEGALLY PRIVILEGED. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify me at the telephone number shown above or by return email and remove this communication and any copy immediately. Thank you.
þ Think about our Environment. Print only if necessary.