Meetup group in Barcelona

Gines Espada Almansa

Feb 26, 2016, 4:49:29 AM2/26/16
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

My name is Gines, I'm the admin of a new Meetup group in Barcelona: Rust Barcelona (http://www.meetup.com/es-ES/Rust-Barcelona/).

We are very interested in networking and p2p technologies, and I have to say that one of the reasons I started with Rust was reading about Maidsafe (indeed, my CS Master thesis, recently finished, was about the Raft consensus algorithm, although Rust wasn't used).

I wonder if there are some reading materials about crust, with some examples, as I'd love to prepare some meetups about Maidsafe, like commenting the code or building small examples of networking apps for learning purposes.

Best regards,
Gines Espada

Mark Hughes

Feb 26, 2016, 5:42:21 AM2/26/16
to maidsafe-development@googlegroups com
Gines,

Thanks for being in touch. I'm very excited to hear your interest and plans - time for me to think about something like this in my area too :-)

Have you checked the forum lately?

That's a good place for questions and discussion about things like this, and there is a meetups category where you can announce events.

Also, we expect the release of a client application very soon (next week I hope) which will enable people to connect to and store data on a live test network, including uploading and browsing of simple websites on SAFEnetwork!

You can even join in the First SAFE Web and publicise your activity, see:

You can get up to speed on what is coming by checking the latest weekly development update here:

I think that giving a demo of this would be a great meetup topic. At least explaining it and showing how to get set up - the network will be taken down and restarted frequently though, so there will be no guarantee that it could be demo'd although it might be possible to coordinate with MaidSafe so it is available during your meet-up. You could try and arrange that via the forum with @Ross (who posts the Dev update).

All the best,

Mark
@happybeing (forum moderator)
--
Secure Access For Everyone:
SAFE Network - launches early 2016

Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira

Feb 26, 2016, 6:30:05 AM2/26/16
to MaidSafe-Development
I wonder if there are some reading materials about crust, with some examples, as I'd love to prepare some meetups about Maidsafe, like commenting the code or building small examples of networking apps for learning purposes.

Hi Gines,

glad you're interested in MaidSafe technology.

Currently we're stabilizing crust, but this library faced several refactors as we're looking for the best API and as these changes were done we didn't have time to properly write tutorials. Now that everything seems to be in place (no more refactor requests from upper layers and test network at the door), this might change. For now, there is a reference documentation[1] and some examples in the examples folder.

--
Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira