Avast Secureline Vpn License Key

Rounak Wetzel

Jul 5, 2024, 8:06:29 PM (3 days ago) Jul 5
to maidroopadap

Kaspersky is blocking all connection when avast secureline vpn is installed (only installed, not even turned on). I can not open any websites, cannot even connect to anything. This doesn't solve even if completely I close Avast vpn.

Avast is a big name in online security and SecureLine is their entry into the VPN space. For this Avast VPN review we conducted extensive testing that allows us to see how the VPN performs relative to competitors in the industry.

The Avast SecureLine VPN offers decent performance, along with solid security and ease of use. However, there are some issues that you will want to know about before giving this VPN a try.

In this Avast VPN review, we dig into both the software side of things (performance, security, privacy, and more) along with the external factors (pricing, logs, and so on) that gave us pause. We hope you will find the information useful as you search for the best VPN for your unique circumstances.

The following image shows the Windows VPN in action. If you look closely on the left (circled in red), you can see my Virtual IP address (at the time I was writing this). Look on the right and you will see that my virtual IP address is the one that ipleak.net is seeing.

Note: You might have noticed something odd in the image above. Although you can see in the VPN window on the left that I am connected to a server in Miami, USA, ipleak.net on the right is claiming the IP address if the server I am connected to is in Italy. It turns out that the database that ipleak.net uses to map an IP address to a physical location, is not 100% accurate. The Virtual IP address shown in the VPN window does indeed correspond to Miami, FL.

A subscription to Avast SecureLine VPN allows you to install the product on devices running the following operating systems: Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android. SecureLine can even protect your Smart TV if it runs Android TV. You can also use a VPN on Apple TV, but this will usually require using a router.

Note: In comparison to other leading VPNs, the Avast SecureLine VPN does not offer much support for less-popular devices and operating systems. For example, they do not have a dedicated app in the Amazon store if you want to use a VPN for Firestick. You also will not be able to use Avast VPN on Linux devices, gaming systems, routers, and more.

SecureLine does support P2P file sharing (torrenting) in its network, but only on a limited number of servers. At the time of this Avast VPN review, this was the list of P2P-capable server locations:

The WireGuard VPN protocol is the hot new thing in the world of VPN protocols. WireGuard is super secure, and faster than the previous #1 VPN protocol: OpenVPN. Avast has integrated WireGuard support into the Windows and Android apps, which should make those apps much faster and more secure than previously.

In 2019, privacy experts discovered that Avast was harvesting user data through their antivirus products, then selling that data to third parties. According to the company,

That is, until you learn that every data record also includes a unique device ID, which persists until the user uninstalls the Avast antivirus from that device. The data that was being collected was extremely detailed, right down to every click the user made, and the exact millisecond that they clicked.

You have just discovered that device ID abc123 is a computer used by me, Heinrich Long. Now you can go through your Avast data and see everywhere I go on the Internet, and everything I do there. And surely, there are algorithms that make identifying people from such data all the more easier.

While the VPN policy explains the reasons Avast records each of these types of data, these logs make us uncomfortable. Of course, there are many VPNs that keep some basic logs, which we showed in the CyberGhost VPN review, so you really want to read the fine print.

Avast has done a good job of locating servers in key countries around the world. Even so, the SecureLine VPN has a lot of catching up to do when it comes to the size of their network. There are several reasons having a large server network is beneficial. More servers in more locations can give your overall network more bandwidth, reducing the risk of slowdowns.

More servers can also help when it comes to unblocking websites. Finally, when an individual VPN server fails or a natural disaster strikes, more servers means more redundancy to the overall network. When it comes to VPNs, more is generally better.

This means that Linux users are left out in the dark. And while most VPN services do not provide a dedicated Linux GUI app, they will still offer basic support for Linux. Sadly, that is not the case with Avast SecureLine VPN.

Avast SecureLine VPN has gone to a more standard VPN pricing scheme. The feature set stays the same while the price varies depending on the length of your subscription. In their current model, you can choose between 1 year, 2 year, and 3 year subscription, all of which support 10 simultaneous connections.

Similarly below that there is an underlined price of $294.99, followed by a price of $158.04. The underlined price is the full price, and the other price is the discounted price for the initial subscription.

Aside from the confusing way the prices are described, I have mixed emotions about this. I dislike that the presentation of the prices is incomprehensibly unclear. But I like the fact that Avast was willing to show the renewal price instead of hiding it in the fine print somewhere on their site.

When you purchase an Avast subscription, we may offer you an initial discounted price. This offer applies only to the first subscription cycle, after which you are charged full price. The full subscription price is provided during purchase, and you are informed in advance by email before payment is taken. If you are unhappy with the renewal price, cancel your subscription before the end of the current subscription cycle and you will not be charged.

If you sign up for the Avast VPN expecting to get the same good price after renewal, you will be disappointed. If you already signed up for the service, you might want to take their advice and cancel your subscription before the end of the current subscription cycle.

Avast offers a 30-day money back guarantee, on the SecureLine VPN, which is great. However, like the subscription pricing, you need to be a bit careful. Avast makes you jump through some hoops. Here is the basic process, as described on the Avast website:

For comparison, most leading VPN services offer a 30 day hassle-free money back guarantee, such as we saw in the ExpressVPN review. Avast SecureLine VPN, however, makes you jump through hoops to get the refund.

The SecureLine VPN is a product of Avast Software s.r.o. Avast Software is based in the Czech Republic. The country is not part of any of the major international intelligence gathering organizations such as FVEY (Five Eyes), but it does reportedly cooperate with them to some extent.

We would rate this an average location for a security and privacy company to be based. Better than say the United States or Great Britain, and worse than places like Panama, Switzerland, or the British Virgin Islands (BVI).

For this Avast VPN review, I ran speed tests on a handful of different servers in the US, Canada, and Europe. All tests were done using the Windows client and the OpenVPN protocol and AES-256 encryption on a 100 Mbps (baseline) VPN connection.

The Avast SecureLine speed test results were about average, not good enough to be in the Pro category, but also not bad enough to be a Con. It is not the fastest VPN we have tested, but also not the slowest.

If connecting to Netflix or other streaming services is a priority, we suggest NordVPN or Surfshark, which our testing shows to be the best Netflix VPN services. These two VPNs give you access to 15+ Netflix libraries. And with this level of access, they make it easy to change your Netflix region.

The Avast SecureLine VPN is a decent product that is hampered by a lot of externals. The VPN itself is user-friendly and provides strong security without any data leaks that we could find. But there is nothing here that makes it stand out from the crowd. The performance is mediocre, access to Netflix is marginal, and the server network is on the small side.

Now add in that the price is on the high side after the initial discount wears off, the 30-day refund would be a headache, the company keeps fairly extensive VPN connection logs, and Avast was caught selling user data gathered by their antivirus apps.

Avast and AVG are trash companies to be avoided at all costs, unless you enjoy being lied to and having all of your data hoarded and sold off to the highest bidder. There are better cybersecurity companies you can support with your hard-earned income.

Hello, well I bought Avast Ultimate that contains Avast SecureLine VPN
from their Avast listed partner avast-tn.com. I think the Mimic protocole of Avast SecureLine VPN makes a good job. When I used other VPN products some sites sometimes were blocked or sometimes even the internet connection was blocked; So for me it is good product that does not even slows down my Internet connection.

RestorePrivacy is a digital privacy advocacy group committed to helping you stay safe, secure, and private online. You can support this project through donations, purchasing items through our links (we may earn a commission at no extra cost to you), or sharing this information with others. See our mission here.

03c5feb9e7