Maid RPG Expansion 7 Ups

Joshua Thornton

Jul 15, 2016, 12:14:46 AM7/15/16
to Maid RPG
So, I don't know if this hub really does anything anymore, of if anyone from Starline publishing or Ryo Kumiya them self checks here and/or cares about it all but I spent some time to make an expansion of sorts to the current Maid RPG. The only issue is there isn't really anyone to share and/or receive criticism for it as I'm the only maid RPG gm i can find, and there are no other communities that are living that I can find. So if there are any veterans here, the stray publisher that has lurker here for 2 years after this communities death, or w/e I'd like to see if I could get some constructive criticism and/or some people to help me test it out. I don't want to attach it here and allow for people to take and test it without my knowledge until I'm confident that it is both a smart and well tested idea, so if you're interested in testing or even just reading over what I've created, please respond to this post and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. And again, I don't know if Starline of Kumiya care anymore, have moved on, or whatever life brought to you, but from the heart, thank you very much for this game, both in creation and English publication. You all rock.

Matthew Donovan

Jul 15, 2016, 9:39:13 AM7/15/16
to maid...@googlegroups.com
I run it every now and again. What's the outline of the expansion?

On 15 July 2016 at 05:14, Joshua Thornton <shadow...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Matthew Donovan

Jul 15, 2016, 9:40:00 AM7/15/16
to maid...@googlegroups.com
By run I mean gm sessions of it of course lol.

Joshua Thornton

Jul 15, 2016, 10:57:40 AM7/15/16
to Maid RPG
The outline is to basically add the possibility of a 7 to all 1d6s. So for say the already existed quality Injury, you can know roll a 1d7 and a 7 gives Amputee. This also means that there are new qualities on things like 17, 27, etc all of which I did my best to keep them following the same theme. Like how all of the 40s are character aesthetics, so 47 was style. Then I made a new section for 71-77 which I called 'Open Generics' which, aside from 77, are meant to give players an anchor for designing their character, something that they can focus on or just ignore. For example 71 is hobbies and has things such as archery, swordsmanship, crafting, and music. The idea behind that is that if the player rolls 71-76 they'll get something that can mean a lot to their character or they can make it something minimal. 77 is the exception which is the quality "What the?" and like absurd it has crazy things. Qualities aren't the only thing that have been changed, there's also new maid powers for each category to cover a 1d7 and new weapons. The biggest change would be the fact that the expansion adds a new stat, Talent. The idea was that Cunning or Will or Skill just didn't feel comfortable to use for things like putting on a play, or using magic. So I thought that trying out a new stat might be appropriate for 'the ability to properly and well perform unique tasks.' This also means that a new maid type was added, which does throw off the current balance of +1s and -1s in a loop, and that there are 7 whole new maid powers for that ability alone. But of course, if you just wanted more special qualities, or only the silly weapons, you don't have to use the new stat. To sum it up, each section in character creation now rolls a 1d7 instead of a 1d6 except for maid colors, stress explosion and maid roots. Colors already being pretty thorough, and the explosions and roots needing to also add 8s in order to add new ones since they cover 2 dice rolls and not one. It's all somewhat rough and my first chance to test it will be sat with some experienced players and adapted character sheets.

Joshua Thornton

Feb 16, 2018, 8:53:52 PM2/16/18
to Maid RPG
This expansions has been finished by the way. And it's been playtested to prove quite a fun and interesting experience.