Maid RPG Character Generator

Sen

Jan 18, 2011, 4:48:27 PM1/18/11
to Maid RPG
Hi there! I just joinedup, because I've been wanting to program a
character generator for the game. I find that the longest part of
playing maid for my group is often the character creation process. If
this goes well I'd like to also write up a mansion, master, and butler
generator. I'd be happy to receive any help or comments from the
group.

As far as the nitty gritty of the process I've decided to use Python
to write the program as it has been proving oddly difficult to write
in Java on my Mac. The first real issue is going to be effectively
programming randomness which I have had some practice in in other
languages. As far as rules go I will be including the optional trauma
and complex rules, and may include a toggle for them in later
editions.

(As I'm writing this post I'm browsing through the different versions
of python to see which would be most applicable to my purposes)

Sen

Jan 18, 2011, 5:25:00 PM1/18/11
to Maid RPG
So, I'm using python As for how I'm generating random numbers (for
stats) is that instead of creating 2 numbers between 1 and 6, dividing
by three and rounding down, I'm creating a list of the possible
outcomes (after the math) adn listing each number the amount of times
it would occur:

0 - 1
1 - 9
2 -16
3 - 9
4 - 1

Andy Kitkowski

Jan 18, 2011, 5:29:56 PM1/18/11
to maid...@googlegroups.com
Heya, good luck!

There's also a character maker online over this-a-ways:

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/maidrpg.html

Maybe there's ideas to mine from it.

-Andy

Angel Garcia

Jan 18, 2011, 8:37:42 PM1/18/11
to maid...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I made a quick-and-dirty Maid Character Generator in Python quite some time ago, using its Pseudo-Random number generator.

What sort of algorithm do you plan to use to generate the random numbers?

Sen

Jan 19, 2011, 6:36:45 PM1/19/11
to Maid RPG
I think since a character generator resource already exists my time
would be better spent making a butler, master, and house, generator.
As far as random numbers go my plan was to use Numpy's built in
generator, the source number being an input. For input though, we can
have the user use a number from an html table available from random.org