Django Admin Session Timeout During Login

Dirk

Jan 26, 2010, 6:52:09 AM1/26/10
to magnum-py
Built a quick Ubunu server/Django/magnum-py stack to experiment with.
Enabled Django Admin per docs and successfully ran Django manage.py
runserver to validate configuration. Terminated that process, and
attempted to drop in magnum-py serve.py instead, and I get an error at
admin login saying I need to log in again due to expired session. I've
uncommented config.py and pathed everything appropriately.
Troubleshooting advice appreciated.

TIA,
Dirk

gattis

Jan 27, 2010, 5:01:46 PM1/27/10
to magnum-py
Hi Dirk,

What session backend are you using? Database?

Dirk Leas

Jan 27, 2010, 5:14:56 PM1/27/10
to magn...@googlegroups.com
The out-of-the-box Django auth/session support (e.g. settings.py MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES = ('django.middleware.common.CommonMiddleware', 'django.contrib.sessions.middleware.SessionMiddleware',
'django.contrib.auth.middleware.AuthenticationMiddleware',
), and a mysql 5.0.x backend. My goal would be to migrate our existing Apache + mod_python + django to magnum-py + django (still on mysql). Seems like a lot of opportunity, not to mention this being the default production stack for those lucky enough to be running a linux kernel.

TIA,
Dirk

Dirk Leas
South Orange, NJ

"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see..." -- Henry David Thoreau