Hi Will!

Marian Librarian

Sep 6, 2011, 4:29:15 PM9/6/11
to magnu
I received your invitation. Thank you. I stay so busy, I forget about
those interviews. I was very surprised when they did a followup after
3 years. We are still in business. I look forward to hearing from
you. :)

Marian Librarian

Will Hill

Sep 6, 2011, 6:13:03 PM9/6/11
to ma...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear from you.

Welcome to Magnu. I hope this group will be a useful resource for you.

I think, from your impressive recent posting history you mention webconverger
and vmware, which I don't know much about. Magnu member, Billy knows VMWare
but I thing you would be better off with KVM or even VirtualBox. Billy might
also have advice about KVM if that is what you are interested in.

I look forward to hearing what you are actually trying to accomplish. In
general, I'll tell you to avoid non free software, especially on older
hardware.

Will Hill

Nov 16, 2011, 5:02:53 PM11/16/11
to ma...@googlegroups.com
I ran into this interesting article the other day:

http://www.librarian.net/stax/3725/the-kindle-lending-experience-from-a-
patrons-perspective-a-wolf-in-books-clothing/

Which lead me to librarian.net, which is run by an Open Source activist. Is
looks like a good resource for librarians.