Deployed Magma v1.1 - NMS credentials are not working

Raja Mittra

Jul 15, 2020, 7:32:15 AM7/15/20
to magma-dev
Hi All

I have deployed magma_dev v1.1 using quick start, vbox is up and running. Configured the orchestration. Also followed the NMS UI steps.

NMS UI service is up. I can access the same from browser but the credentials that was created is not working.

And regarding the warning that I am seeing for time zone is not correct. To rectify the warning I have set the timezome as "Etc/GMT0" as well.

on the browser I am seeing this error "https://x.x.x.x/user/login?invalid=true&to=%2F"

Please suggest

magma@magma-new:~/magma/symphony/app/fbcnms-projects/magmalte$ ./scripts/dev_setup.sh
yarn run v1.22.4
$ node -r @fbcnms/babel-register scripts/migrate.js
warning: please use IANA standard timezone format ('Etc/GMT0')
warning: please use IANA standard timezone format ('Etc/GMT0')
Ran migrations successfully
Done in 13.01s.
yarn run v1.22.4
$ node -r '@fbcnms/babel-register' scripts/setPassword.js magma-test admi...@magma.test password1234
Creating a new user: email=admi...@magma.test, password=password1234
warning: please use IANA standard timezone format ('Etc/GMT0')
warning: please use IANA standard timezone format ('Etc/GMT0')
Success
Done in 2.32s.
yarn run v1.22.4
$ node -r '@fbcnms/babel-register' scripts/setPassword.js master ad...@magma.test password1234
Creating a new user: email=ad...@magma.test, password=password1234
warning: please use IANA standard timezone format ('Etc/GMT0')
warning: please use IANA standard timezone format ('Etc/GMT0')
Success
Done in 2.00s.

Thanks

Raja

reddy...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2020, 8:00:49 AM7/15/20
to magma-dev
Hi Raja,

Try to add local DNS entry like this and try

master.<any_domain_name> <nms_ip>

And now try to access from browser like this

https://master.<any_domain_name>

Let us know how it went .

Thanks,
Chandra

Raja Mittra

Jul 15, 2020, 2:58:00 PM7/15/20
to magma-dev
Hi Chandra

Thanks for your reply.

I tried as you suggested but  it failed

$ node -r '@fbcnms/babel-register' scripts/setPassword.js master.magma 192.168.40.159 ad...@magma.test password1234
Usage: setPassword.js <organization> <email> <password>
error Command failed with exit code 1.

Even I tried by only adding the domain only but this time it got created yet i am unable to access

$ node -r '@fbcnms/babel-register' scripts/setPassword.js master.magma ad...@magma.test password1234
Creating a new user: email=ad...@magma.test, password=password1234
warning: please use IANA standard timezone format ('Etc/GMT0')
warning: please use IANA standard timezone format ('Etc/GMT0')
Creating a new Organization: name=master.magma
Success
Done in 1.99s.

chandu

Jul 15, 2020, 9:45:39 PM7/15/20
to Raja Mittra, magma-dev
Hi Raja,

Sorry, i am not clear with my step previously.

1. deploy orc8r + nms as described in the doc.

2. create ADMIN account using the command

   if not create one already

    docker-compose exec magmalte yarn setAdminPassword master ad...@magma.test password1234

    or

    node -r '@fbcnms/babel-register' scripts/setPassword.js master ad...@magma.test password1234

3. now create local dns entry in ur desktop/laptop  ( from where you want to access to NMS UI )

    if linux or mac:

    $ vi /etc/hosts
     <NMS_IP> master.local

    if windows :

    c:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts

4. now open browser and hit

username: ad...@magma.test
Password: password1234

Please let us know how it went.

Thanks,
Chandra.

chandu

Raja Mittra

Jul 22, 2020, 12:19:00 AM7/22/20
to magma-dev
Hi Chandu

I tried the steps you suggested. That also didn't worked.

Karthik Subraveti

Jul 22, 2020, 1:21:36 AM7/22/20
to Raja Mittra, magma-dev
Following script should be able to solve your issue.

You should be able to go to http://master.local with default username and password.

Can you attach magmalte logs in case you see further issues here.

..
Thanks
Karthik