Dishnet / FBC Intro

Bhavin | DishNet Africa Ltd

Jun 23, 2020, 5:29:17 AM6/23/20
to magm...@googlegroups.com, kra...@fb.com

Dear Sir/Mam,

Greetings from  DishNet Africa Limited, Juba South Sudan.

We DishNet Africa Limited are the licensed Internet Service Provider in South Sudan with a clientele ranging from UN agencies to International NGO’s, Private companies and other individuals.

We have been an established and popular company with an excellent track record for the best customer satisfaction.

Mainly we are providing two categories of services.

1.       Internet Services (VSAT in all three bands i.e C-Band, Ku-Band, Ka- Band)

2.       Advanced Networking Solutions. (Structured Cabling Solutions and Radio Links, Point to Point links and Point to Multi Point’s links.

Apart from our regular ISP work we are running certain customize project for our big clients.

One of such projects is  Wireless Internet for  UNMISS South Sudan.

We are currently running a project with UNMISS (United Nation Mission in South Sudan) to provide wireless internet for the residents of UNMISS campus with in South Sudan.

We have LOU with the UNMISS to provide internet for the residents of UNMISS campus with in South Sudan. Currently we are providing internet for their … campuses.

Current System in place :

Currently we deployed Hotspot system as per following:

/var/folders/mh/bhzz6lg572l6wpl87w_fyhbm0000gn/T/com.microsoft.Outlook/WebArchiveCopyPasteTempFiles/cidimage001.png@01D64645.A5E1BA50

In current arrangement we have put VSATs for internet bandwidth and P2MP devices for further distribution. Client is accessing internet by enabling Wifi in their mobile devices or laptops.

Challenges in current system:

  • Biggest challenge is the maintenance of the network. As there are many devices in one campus, VSAT, P2MP devices, P2P devices and Access points. We are facing challenges to maintain the network. And most of the location are remote location only accessible by air. So lot of logistics challenges also.
  • Requires people to open a web browser, navigate to a web form and type answers which degrade the users experience .
  • Number of repeaters are more so difficult to track and maintain.
  • Sometime power failure in certain area disturb connectivity

New proposed system (Private LTE )

South Sudan has very poor GSM network. We are planning to upgrade our infrastructure and want to deploy Private LTE in our wireless project sites.

Due to following ….

  • Long Coverage Range with Single Site
  • Low maintenance Cost
  • Highly Secure compare to wifi
  • User can feel mobility experience which create more user trust .
  • We have focus to build data only network

Our targeted client:

UN campuses, remote Oil field sites, Mining sites etc where there are concentrated internet users.

Presently they don’t have any source of internet connectivity. We will start with UNMISS and later based on our experience repeat this project in other locations.

What we have currently.

  •                 We have our own offices and manpower in UNMISS campuses.
  •                 We managed to get frequency allocation from National communication Authority of Government of South Sudan. License copy attached.

What we are expecting from FACEBOOK.

  • Facebook has developed Magnma EPC and we think it is the best for our project.
  • Magma Compatible Billing system Recommendations either directly from Facebook or third party

Reference documents attached

  •                 LOU
  •                 License copy

Our Contact Detail :

Company Name                                  :               DishNet Africa Limited

Registered Office                                :               Opp. Ministries, Kololo Area, Juba South Sudan

Contact No                                          :               +211 927 797 217

Email                                                   :                in...@dishnetafrica.com

Website                                               :                https://dishnetafrica.com/

At last but not the least. If possible please allow me your  some time  for online meeting . so we can explain you more

Ref Link for Data Evolution  :

https://datareportal.com/reports/digital-2020-south-sudan?rq=South%20sudan

Thanks,

Bhavin Madlani

Juba – South Sudan

Phone | +211 927 797 217

cid:image001.png@01D39C08.07CCF3A0

Email | in...@dishnetafrica.com | Website |https://dishnetafrica.com/

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain DishNet Africa Limited confidential or privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

amar padmanabhan

Jun 23, 2020, 3:25:53 PM6/23/20
to Bhavin | DishNet Africa Ltd, magma-dev
Hi Bavin,
Thanks for the note, this mailing list is more for developer facing stuff. Let me hook you up with folks within Facebook who may be able to help you on the business and solutions side
Thanks
Amar