Additional prerequisite tools installation

Qing An

Apr 13, 2021, 10:43:34 AM4/13/21
to magma-dev
Hi there,
I am installing additional prerequisite tools as prerequisites guide (attached Pic 1) in Linux. I replace brew with apt like attached pic2, but it failed. What's the corresponding command for Linux? or Should I install helm and terraform separately as official guide? Thanks~

Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 9.29.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 10.42.26 PM.png

Karthik Subraveti

Apr 13, 2021, 2:41:03 PM4/13/21
to Qing An, magma-dev
Hey Qing

This dockerfile may provide more information on how to install prerequisites for linux. Just curious on what you are trying to do here.
Are you bringing up the gateway or orc8r ?
..
Karthik

On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 7:43 AM Qing An <q...@rice.edu> wrote:
Hi there,
I am installing additional prerequisite tools as prerequisites guide (attached Pic 1) in Linux. I replace brew with apt like attached pic2, but it failed. What's the corresponding command for Linux? or Should I install helm and terraform separately as official guide? Thanks~

Qing An

Apr 13, 2021, 8:27:26 PM4/13/21
to magma-dev
Hi Karthik,

Thanks for you replying. Did you attach a dockerfile? I cannot find it. I'm a new user so I'm following the instruction to try it out. Thanks again~

Karthik Subraveti

Apr 13, 2021, 8:47:59 PM4/13/21
to Qing An, magma-dev
Sorry about that.
For running locally and trying out magma you needn't install terraform or helm.
..
Karthik

Qing An

Apr 13, 2021, 9:45:42 PM4/13/21