Report on Clayton Magleby Christensen's Memorial Service

Kirk A. Magleby

Feb 16, 2020, 10:47:10 AM2/16/20
to mag...@googlegroups.com
A memorial service honoring Clayton Magleby Christensen was held in the Rose Park Stake Center on Saturday, Feb. 15. Elder Randy D. Funk of the Utah Area Presidency presided. Carlton Christensen, Clayton's youngest brother and Rose Park Stake President, conducted. About 400 people were in attendance, including David and Linda Magleby and Julia Mohr's daughter, Laura. The affection the Rose Park community has for their favorite son was palpable. Clayton and Christine's children, Spencer and Catherine, spoke, sharing tender memories of their Dad. A takeway: Clayton, like Christ, shared a deep love for all people that was "unasked, unforced, and unearned."

Clayton was known to most of the world as "Clayton M. Christensen." I don't know how many times over the years I have told acquaintences "The 'M.' stands for Magleby." Clayton's oldest brother, Elliott, shared a letter written in 1974 when Clayton was finishing an internship at the US Supreme Court. The last page of that letter is attached so you can see how this young man, destined for greatness, signed his name. "C. Quinn" is Christine, the young lady he married two years later.

Proud to be related to all you terrific people.
-Kirk Magleby.
CMC Letter 1974.jpg
Clayton Magleby Christensen 1952 - 2020.jpg