Notice of Special Meeting

President

Nov 3, 2023, 12:53:38 PM11/3/23
to MAG Lab
Attention all MAGLab Members,

The Board of Directors is calling for a special meeting to vote on an amendment to the bylaws to reference a Code of Conduct.

The meeting will be remote-only.  Responses will be accepted by email, text message to an executive officer, and in-person to an executive officer.  An executive officer will contact you with contact details personally.

The special meeting will start on Monday, November 13 and end on Wednesday, December 15.

Thank you,
Richard

President

Nov 14, 2023, 2:27:50 AM11/14/23
to MAG Lab
Dear MAGLab Members,

The special meeting has started and will end on Wednesday, December 15.

Call to order: Monday, November, 13 @ 11:10pm

Background:
During our last annual meeting, we discussed amending our Bylaws to include a anti-harassment statement.  The result of the discussion was that we would amend the Bylaws to reference a Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct used our membership privileges and expectations from our website as a starting point and was modified to include a statement prohibiting harassment  by guests and members.  If the proposed change to the Bylaw is approved in this meeting, the Code of Conduct will be posted on our website and in physical form at MAGLab.

Proposal (What's being voted on?)
I hereby propose the amendment of the Bylaws as quoted below (change in red).  Please note: We are voting on the amendment to the Bylaws only.  The Code of Conduct has been included for reference only and can be updated in a normal public business meeting.

  1. All Members shall be responsible for:

    1. Timely payment of dues, fees and other assessments, as applicable

    2. Providing contact information and updating the information as necessary

    3. Continuing to support the purposes and goals of the corporation

    4. Obeying any and all rules, guidelines and policies of the corporation including, but not limited to the Code of Conduct

    5. Upon expiration of eligibility or membership cancellation, the member must return their method of entry and any other property owned by the corporation to the Board of Directors or an agent or officer designated for this purpose.

    6. Obeying laws of any jurisdiction in which they or the corporation are legally bound

How to vote:
Text message: I already DM'd members on Discord with my phone number.
In-person to our executive officers: Richard (President), Kevin (Vice President & Secretary), Hong (Treasurer)

Questions & comments period:
A draft of both the Bylaws and Code of Conduct were made made available for members to comment and suggest edits on October 4.  This was announced on the Members-only channel on the Discord (10/4) and on the Google Groups (10/4).
RFC_ Member Privileges and Code of Conduct.pdf

President

Nov 29, 2023, 12:38:30 AM11/29/23
to MAG Lab
Dear MAGLab Members:

As of 11/28, we have only had 6 official votes so far.  This special meeting ends on Friday, December 15.  If we don't get enough votes (yes, no, abstain), then we will not have quorum and the results of this vote will not be valid.

Email to con...@maglaboratory.org
Text message: I already DM'd members on Discord with my phone number.
In-person to our executive officers: Richard (President), Kevin (Vice President & Secretary), Hong (Treasurer)

President

Dec 15, 2023, 3:55:54 AM12/15/23
to MAG Lab
Hello MAGLab Members,

Today is the last day to vote in the special meeting.  As of today, only 10 official votes have been received of the 17 total members.  As it stands, we do not have enough votes to reach quorum.  Please vote by the end of today.