Visit the whole commit from file-focused magit-revision

Lele Gaifax

May 25, 2019, 10:12:31 AM5/25/19
to ma...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

when I visit the commit history of a file with magit-log-buffer-file, and then
enter into a particular commit, I end in a magit-revision buffer showing just
the details of that particular file, with a title like "Commit FOO limited to
file BAR".

I tried to find a way to "enlarge" the focus, that is a quick way to visit the
whole FOO commit, but failed: neither the doc nor the mode bindings suggested
something related.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance,
ciao, lele.
le...@metapensiero.it | -- Fortunato Depero, 1929.

Kyle Meyer

May 25, 2019, 10:51:26 AM5/25/19
to Lele Gaifax, ma...@googlegroups.com
Lele Gaifax <le...@metapensiero.it> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> when I visit the commit history of a file with magit-log-buffer-file, and then
> enter into a particular commit, I end in a magit-revision buffer showing just
> the details of that particular file, with a title like "Commit FOO limited to
> file BAR".
>
> I tried to find a way to "enlarge" the focus, that is a quick way to visit the
> whole FOO commit, but failed: neither the doc nor the mode bindings suggested
> something related.
>
> What am I missing?

Try magit-diff-toggle-file-filter, bound to 'D F' by default.

--
Kyle

Lele Gaifax

May 27, 2019, 1:52:58 AM5/27/19
to ma...@googlegroups.com
Kyle Meyer <ky...@kyleam.com> writes:

> Try magit-diff-toggle-file-filter, bound to 'D F' by default.

That's it, thanks a lot!