Catalina Support

Alasdair Wilkie

Aug 8, 2019, 12:52:26 PM8/8/19
to Magic Maps Users
Hi,

Just tried MM2 on Catalina, can't import KML - MM2 crashes

Any news on when an update will be available?

TIA

Alasdair

Evan Miller

Aug 12, 2019, 11:47:32 AM8/12/19
to magicma...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alasdair,

Catalina support is a priority - can you share the crash report, or the KML causing a crash?

Evan

Gary Netherton

Jan 3, 2020, 9:45:22 PM1/3/20
to Magic Maps Users
Evan,

I too am having issues with imports and Catalina.  I cannot get a ShapeFile to import without it crashing the application.  In addition, when I start a new map using the Physical World template, I cannot see any of the shapefile detail.  The co-ordinate grid layer shows, but the physical earth shows nothing.

Was Magic Maps 2 not tested with OS X Catalina?

Gary

On Aug 8, 2019, at 12:52, Alasdair Wilkie <wilkiea...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

Just tried MM2 on Catalina, can't import KML - MM2 crashes

Any news on when an update will be available?

TIA

Alasdair

Evan Miller

Jan 4, 2020, 10:34:31 AM1/4/20
to magicma...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gary,

There will be an update later this week addressing certain Shapefile crashes - this appears to be an issue unrelated to Catalina.

What hardware are you running? I have received a few reports about specific GPUs on Catalina not working with image layers (e.g. the Physical World template). I test the software on all the hardware that I can get my hands on, but some hardware combinations such as the iMac Pro are beyond my testing budget.

Evan

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/magicmaps-users/934368cb-4a3c-4e77-8d2e-7becd46843a3%40googlegroups.com.

Gary Netherton

Jan 5, 2020, 12:33:20 PM1/5/20
to Magic Maps Users
Evan,

Thanks for the quick response.  I'll look out for that update.  I have a 2012 Retina MacBook Pro.  Here are the full specs: 2.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel core i7 with 16 GB of 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM.  NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1GB Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB.

Gary

Evan Miller

Jan 8, 2020, 8:14:42 PM1/8/20
to magicma...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Gary - is there a message in the system log when you try to open the Physical World template? You can check:

Applications > Utilities > Console > system.log

Evan

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/magicmaps-users/224d84f2-979b-4380-ba23-a701cb61f579%40googlegroups.com.

Gary Netherton

Feb 2, 2020, 8:47:33 PM2/2/20
to Magic Maps Users
Evan,

Sorry for the delay.  Here is what I see:

Feb  2 20:42:31 Garys-MacBook-Pro AGMService[465]: ProcessPath : /Applications/Magic Maps 2.app/Contents/MacOS/Magic Maps 2
Evan

Evan Miller

Feb 3, 2020, 8:07:01 AM2/3/20
to magicma...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Gary - I will have a fix available later this week.

Evan

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/magicmaps-users/73604214-317b-42f4-abb6-8dfb14203770%40googlegroups.com.

Gary Netherton

Feb 27, 2020, 8:14:55 PM2/27/20
to Magic Maps Users
Thank you, Evan.  Version 2.2 has solved the problem.

Gary

Gary Netherton

Mar 4, 2020, 8:32:36 PM3/4/20
to Magic Maps Users
Evan,

It worked for the built in GeoTiffs but not for the large GeoTiff files I was able to import in the prior version.  I keep getting the following error-message, which would seem to imply there's some new width limit.  I'm getting very frustrated.

Application Specific Information:
Performing @selector(saveSheet:) from sender NSButton 0x7fbc8d5ec0f0
validateTextureDimensions:1227: failed assertion `MTLTextureDescriptor has width (21600) greater than the maximum allowed size of 16384.'

Help please!

Gary

Evan Miller

Mar 5, 2020, 12:07:59 PM3/5/20
to magicma...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gary,

Thanks for the report. It looks like this issue affects large GeoTIFF files with 24-bit color - I'll get a fix out ASAP.

Evan

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/magicmaps-users/73efb9ce-37bd-4c43-b3a0-f73676092f4e%40googlegroups.com.

Evan Miller

Mar 9, 2020, 9:35:39 AM3/9/20
to magicma...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gary,

Please try the 2.2.1 update, available in the App Store today. It should fix the GeoTIFF issue that you were experiencing.

Evan

Gary Netherton

Mar 9, 2020, 4:11:48 PM3/9/20
to Magic Maps Users
Thank you, Evan.  That's solved the problem.  I really appreciate your responsiveness.  I love this app.
Evan