Account activation alerts are untranslatable

Vinícius Borriello

Jul 6, 2010, 1:34:33 PM7/6/10
to Magento Development List
Hello!

I have a multilingual Magento store (core 1.4.1.0). While customizing
it I realized I can't translate some exception messages related to
account activation. The messages are located in [i]app/code/core/Mage/
Customer/controllers/AccountController.php line #143 and #306[/i] and
[i]app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/Model/Type/OnePage.php line #575[/i].

I'm adding a line in Mage_Customers.csv and the phrase I'm trying to
match is as it is on the core files, like this:

[code]"This account is not confirmed. <a href="%s">Click here</a> to
resend confirmation email.","Esta conta não está confirmada. <a
href="%s">Clique aqui</a> para reenviar o email de confirmação."[/
code]

The final message is written in pt_BR. I've both tried to scape the
quotes using backslashes and using single quotes.

Anybody else having the same problem?

Thanks!

Matías Campagna

Aug 13, 2015, 8:40:49 AM8/13/15