WinForms version of one of the samples?

David McClelland

Mar 30, 2011, 11:17:09 AM3/30/11
to magellan-friends, three...@gmail.com
Hi there,

I'm looking at Magellan for our WinForms application as we prep it for
migration to WPF (eventually). Our application needs a lot of
refactoring, and we figured that using a framework (like Magellan or
MVC#) that works with both WPF and WinForms is our best route (no pun
intended).

After a first stab at converting the "Getting Started" Calculator
example using the suggestions provided by Paul in the WinForms wiki
article (http://code.google.com/p/magellan-framework/wiki/WinForms), I
can see things have changed since the article was written
(GetAlternativeNames is part of the NamingConvention now, the
signatures for ShouldHandle/FilterCandidateTypes/CreateViewResult have
morphed slightly). I can also see from the comments at the bottom of
the wiki article that I would need an INavigator implementation for
WinForms as well.

So I wondered if anyone had already "back-ported" the TaxCalculator or
MVVM examples to Windows Forms?

Thanks,
David

Paul Stovell

Apr 3, 2011, 7:19:14 AM4/3/11
to magellan...@googlegroups.com, David McClelland, three...@gmail.com
Hi David,

I haven't heard of anyone porting the examples, but I'd love to see if you do. I'll try to update the documentation soon.

Yes, you'd need to implement INavigator, as well as probably a NavigationService that supports WinForms (maybe wrapping a Panel that can swap UserControls (views) in and out). If you get something that works, I'll be happy to pull it into the core.

Regards,

Paul Stovell