Cannot locate resource 'resources/layouts/pagemaster.xaml' ?

Alex Lyman

Feb 5, 2011, 3:46:49 AM2/5/11
to magellan-friends
After finding this framework on the VS gallery, I grabbed the project
template, created a new project with it, added the reference as it
asked me to, and tried opening the designer for the IndexView.xaml,
and received the below exception.

My initial bits of debugging included actually building the project,
checking to make sure that file existed (it does), and checking about
how it was actually being requested (Layouts.xaml, looks fine to my
eyes).

Are the designers intended to work? If so, any hints on what I can do
to fix the issue?

System.IO.IOException
Cannot locate resource 'resources/layouts/pagemaster.xaml'.
at MS.Internal.AppModel.ResourcePart.GetStreamCore(FileMode mode,
FileAccess access)
at System.IO.Packaging.PackagePart.GetStream(FileMode mode,
FileAccess access)
at System.IO.Packaging.PackagePart.GetStream()
at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Uri resourceLocator,
Boolean bSkipJournaledProperties)
at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Uri resourceLocator)
at Magellan.Controls.Layout.LoadLayoutFromSource()
at Magellan.Controls.Layout.MasterLoaded(Object sender,
RoutedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object
target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source,
RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender,
RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
at
System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastEvent(DependencyObject
root, RoutedEvent routedEvent)
at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastLoadedEvent(Object
root)
at MS.Internal.LoadedOrUnloadedOperation.DoWork()
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireLoadedPendingCallbacks()
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()
at
System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(Object
resizedCompositionTarget)
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(Object
resizedCompositionTarget)
at
System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate
callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object
source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate
catchHandler)

solhi.a...@gmail.com

May 22, 2014, 9:53:01 AM5/22/14
to magellan...@googlegroups.com
hi alex :)
nice to see your post ,
did you solve this problem !?
if yes help me to solve mine too :(

thanks a lot
best wishes ...

solhi.a...@gmail.com

May 22, 2014, 12:48:17 PM5/22/14
to magellan...@googlegroups.com
Hi again :)
i solved it on my own idea :)
just go to xaml resource files , in Layout.xaml file

change the address type to somthing like this :
<setter property="Source" Value="/Your AssemblyName;component/Address of xaml file" />
ex :
<Setter property="Source" Value="com.amirsolhi.wpf.sample;component/Resources/file.xaml" />

best regards :)