Erlang Meetup

Mark Percival

Sep 3, 2008, 12:17:19 PM9/3/08
to Metro Atlanta Erlang Users Group
Is anyone still interested in this? I think there'd be some interest,
but it's just a matter of making it known. I just stumbled across this
today. Even if it's 4 people, it's a start, and easy to find space.

Kevin A. Smith

Sep 3, 2008, 1:45:49 PM9/3/08
to ma...@googlegroups.com
FWIW - I'm up in Raleigh, NC but with enough notice I'd be willing to
make the trek down just to meet fellow Erlangers in the SE.

--Kevin

mog

Sep 3, 2008, 4:21:15 PM9/3/08
to ma...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 01:45:49PM -0400, Kevin A. Smith wrote:

> FWIW - I'm up in Raleigh, NC but with enough notice I'd be willing to
> make the trek down just to meet fellow Erlangers in the SE.
>
> --Kevin
> On Sep 3, 2008, at 12:17 PM, Mark Percival wrote:

Ditto I am in Huntsville, AL and go to ATL fairly frequently and could make trip with enough knowledge ahead of time.

Mog

signature.asc

Mark Percival

Sep 4, 2008, 8:56:29 AM9/4/08
to Metro Atlanta Erlang Users Group
Ok great, so what works best for both of you, weekends? I'm sure I can
drum up some support in the other user groups if we can just pick a
firm date.
>  signature.asc
> < 1KViewDownload

Joseph Stewart

Sep 4, 2008, 9:43:35 AM9/4/08
to ma...@googlegroups.com
I'd love to attend, too! Weekends are better for me.

-joe

Kevin A. Smith

Sep 4, 2008, 6:56:42 PM9/4/08
to ma...@googlegroups.com
Weekends work best for me, too. I'll probably make a weekend of it and
bring the family down to see ATL. I'm out of town the week of 10/12 so
any week other than that works for me.

--Kevin

Michael Mullis

Sep 9, 2008, 9:01:08 AM9/9/08
to Metro Atlanta Erlang Users Group
Just found the group by chance.
I'm in ATL and definitely interested in a meetup. Anytime is ok with
me.
michael.

Kevin A. Smith

Sep 9, 2008, 11:00:54 AM9/9/08
to ma...@googlegroups.com
My schedule is starting to fill up. I'd really like to attend, but we
need to pick a date soonish. Is anyone taking the lead to organize this?

--Kevin
Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 9, 2008, at 9:01 AM, Michael Mullis <Michael...@gmail.com>

boorad

Sep 10, 2008, 12:55:59 PM9/10/08
to Metro Atlanta Erlang Users Group
On Sep 9, 11:00 am, "Kevin A. Smith" <ke...@hypotheticalabs.com>
wrote:
> My schedule is starting to fill up. I'd really like to attend, but we
> need to pick a date soonish. Is anyone taking the lead to organize this?
>
> --Kevin

Sept. 20th, Brick Store in Decatur (hopefully avoiding the football
crowds, b/c they don't really have TV) - say 7pm? Or is everyone
thinking earlier in the afternoon? No matter, I'm going to have a
beer or two ;)

Cheers,
BA

Kevin A. Smith

Sep 10, 2008, 8:35:35 PM9/10/08
to ma...@googlegroups.com
I'm in.

--Kevin

boorad

Sep 10, 2008, 9:55:31 PM9/10/08
to Metro Atlanta Erlang Users Group
On Sep 10, 8:35 pm, "Kevin A. Smith" <ke...@hypotheticalabs.com>
wrote:
> I'm in.

Then it's on...

http://boorad.weebly.com/1/post/2008/09/atlanta-erlang-meetup.html

BA

Kevin A. Smith

Sep 11, 2008, 10:31:33 PM9/11/08
to ma...@googlegroups.com
I'm working on getting some free screencast coupons to bring with me
to the meetup. Maybe we can bribe a few more people to show up? :)

--Kevin

boorad

Sep 17, 2008, 9:51:53 PM9/17/08
to Metro Atlanta Erlang Users Group
So, can people who are coming please leave a comment on the blog post
below? Hopefully that's a lot of you ;)

BA

Kevin A. Smith

Sep 17, 2008, 10:01:52 PM9/17/08
to ma...@googlegroups.com
I really hope people can come out for this. There isn't a lot of
Erlang interest in my area outside of a hardcore group of 5-6 guys.
It'd be great to meet more people interested in learning and using
Erlang.

Also, I've wrangled a 25% ($1.25/episode) off coupon for my
screencasts which I'm planning on handing out that evening to anyone
who wants it. But you've got to _be there_ to get it :)

--Kevin

Michael Mullis

Sep 18, 2008, 8:44:30 AM9/18/08
to Metro Atlanta Erlang Users Group
I'll be there.

Joseph Stewart

Sep 20, 2008, 12:11:40 PM9/20/08
to ma...@googlegroups.com
I'll try to make it... I spent the week in England with a vendor so my schedule is kinda messed up.

I'm going to check with management to see if I can host the next meeting at my primary employer. We're in Lawrenceville which may be a bit out-of-the-way, but have very nice facilities and can at least offer a wired connection and hubs.

Any interest if this is workable?

Thanks to all who have picked-up the ball for this group!

-joe

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 8:44 AM, Michael Mullis <Michael...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'll be there.