I am interested, but I think we need to consolidate

1 view

Berlin Brown

Jul 25, 2008, 3:42:27 PM7/25/08
to Metro Atlanta Erlang Users Group
It is good there is an erlang group, but I think we should consolidate
with other languages/technologies. Lets get out this "person to
language" mode of thinking.

E.g; is there a functional language enthusiasts of Atlanta.

I used to go to the Ruby meetups but I am not that interested in Ruby
anymore.

My 2 cents.

Berlin Brown

Jul 25, 2008, 3:45:17 PM7/25/08
to Metro Atlanta Erlang Users Group
E.g.

I am sure those interested in Erlang, might also be interested in
Scala as well.

Erlang, Lisp, Haskell, Scala, Factor

Joseph Stewart

Jul 25, 2008, 3:47:49 PM7/25/08
to ma...@googlegroups.com
I don't know if there is a simple answer to this. A group of FP people would be fine to meet with, but I want to avoid the Haskell -vs- Scheme -vs- OCaml -vs- Lisp -vs- Erlang nonsense.

Erlang seems to have a groundswell, maybe it's the "gateway drug" to FP, but I'm more interested in its concurrency features.

Please consider joining as we figure this sort of stuff out.

(my .01 cents worth ;-))

-joe

My 2 cents.