Poll: What should we focus on?

Michael Mullis

Jul 21, 2009, 1:25:53 PM7/21/09
to Metro Atlanta Erlang Users Group
Looks like there's at least a handful of few folks interested.

Next question is what should we focus on (at least for now) ?

Here's a list of things to start with. Add or comment as you wish.
After we get some responses, I'll consolidate/fold/spindle and
mutliate :)

I think there's 3 major categories - Social, Educational, Business

Social
Beer - Common but not my thing and doesn't propel my erlang
interest/skill forward mmullis:-1
Networking
Programming contests (e.g. ICFP annual contest)

Educational
Erlang Presentations/Training/Show-n-tell
Study Groups (Erlang basic, OTP Techniques, Performance/Profiling/
Debugging)
Erlang Group Projects (opensource projects owned by the group)
Erlang Community Service (working on opensource projects, EPP,
advocacy)

Business
Opportunities/Making money with Erlang
Erlang Jobs/Career development
World Domination - bwah-ha-ha-ha!!!!!

/michael.

boorad

Jul 23, 2009, 4:26:22 PM7/23/09
to Metro Atlanta Erlang Users Group
I would be up for presenting something on CouchDB and my work at
Cloudant on a Dynomite clustering layer.

On Jul 21, 1:25 pm, Michael Mullis <mich...@mullistechnologies.com>

Chris Kleeschulte

Sep 17, 2009, 3:58:04 PM9/17/09
to ma...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone. I lost my job today, so I am appealing to anyone on
this list for any knowledge of work that might be out there.

here is my resume:

http://www.chriskleeschulte.com/resume

I live in the Atlanta metro area and I am heading up every person, job
site, and recruiter that I can find.

I really appreciate any suggestions or feedback for this job search.

thanks again!
Chris