Consulting

1 view

Chris Kleeschulte

Oct 1, 2009, 2:07:48 PM10/1/09
to ma...@googlegroups.com
I wondered how many in the group here are actually doing Erlang
consulting now. I know Brad does, but I am unaware of the others.

If you do consulting, what kind of consulting opportunities are you
seeing these days?

Chris

boorad

Oct 1, 2009, 2:21:42 PM10/1/09
to Metro Atlanta Erlang Users Group
Kevin Smith (Raleigh, but close enough ;) ) does as well, and he's
seeing a lot of activity. I'm not sure what kind, though...

BA

Kevin A. Smith

Oct 1, 2009, 2:33:51 PM10/1/09
to ma...@googlegroups.com
So, as Brad mentioned, I do almost 100% Erlang consulting and have
since March 2009. I do training, development, and mentoring and I've
been seeing an increase in interest over the year. I'd be happy to
discuss details if anyone is interested.

--Kevin

Chris Kleeschulte

Oct 1, 2009, 3:25:58 PM10/1/09
to ma...@googlegroups.com
Kevin:

I am out of work now and looking to possibly find my own way in the
world without working for a dev house. I have been a big fan or Erlang
for quite some time. Since college, I always believe that functional
programming like Prolog or even Erlang ought to be taught first before
C++ or Java. I think that you much more easily map specs using
mathematical methods to the code produced increasing overall software
safety. Maybe I am just confused though. I think software safety
standards are just terribly low, especially in the web app market. So
people can't use facebook for a bit, who cares, well in the future, it
very well may be a big deal.

I would love to know about any experiences you wish to share such how
your expertise is used in the market or any stories that you have.

Chris